• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dave N' Busters - Smash Brothers Tournament

flipmode

Smash Cadet
NNID
flipzmodex
The first official Playgrounds Inc. Tournament will be held on SUNDAY JUNE 24, 2007.

120 Interchange Way
(Vaughan,Ontario)

Registration Cost: $25.00 dollars

There will be 128 seats open for players to compete with one another to see who is the best at Super Smash Brothers Melee, with prizes being awarded to the top 4 players!

First Prize will be the hottest system out there now, the Nintendo Wii!
Second Prize will be the Nintendo DS (Onyx)
Third Prize will be a $100.00 Gift Certificate from EB games
Forth Prize will be a $50.00 Gift Certificate from EB games.

Stay tuned for more details and the link to our online registration. We hope that you guys can come out and play and just have a good time!

check our website after wednesday www.playgroundsinc.com

Any other questions about the tournament please msn Marlowe at flipzmodex@hotmail.com

My tournament is going to be very interesting! To all the pros out there I hope you've practiced enough for this game!

D

Deleted member

EVERYONE READ THIS POST CONCERNING THIS TOURNAMENT
Eydie, creator of the Mississauga Smash Facebook group (where this tournament originated) has deleted several posts of mine exposing their shady business. Try to piece together.

Me said:
Why are you using pot money to pay for your own personal ventures? We'd gladly just bring our own TV's so the pot money remains untampered. I've hosted many many many tournaments and events that have all gone extremely well so I don't know what the **** you're talking about. Why are you paying yourselves for this? It doesn't take 8 people to run a tournament nor does it take 3. That's just bull****.

I'm sorry, your math does not add up here. Even if you bought all the things you were talking about, you're still going to have a lot of money left over.

BTW, you aren't hosting a professional tournament.

But you know what's funny, you fell for my mindgame Eydie.

I earlier posted saying that if 128 people came, that's a 3200 dollar pot, which about 900 of that would go to the Wii, DS, and rental fee. I said that the $2300 approximately left over should go to the pot, but Eydie posted saying it was all being eaten up by things. Things like 12 LCD Tvs they bought, 50 dollars for every tournament director, and other "expenditures"

There aren't going to be 128 people coming to this. There aren't going to be 50 people coming to this.

12 LCD Tv's works out to be about $1440.

Say you get *MAYBE* 40 people to come to this. That's only $1000 bucks pot money. (40 people x 25 dollars) I doubt that many will come. You've already told me you're taking $400 dollars from that to Tournament Directors, and you're going to pay a lot for the room. That leaves absolutely no room for the prizes you're giving, and no way in hell can you pay for the LCDs and furniture you "bought" for this tournament.

You're in the hole big time if your earlier post is correct. Which is why you're lying somewhere.

Don't go to this tournament. Go to Seasons of Smash.

Let's recap:

This tournament:

Bad prizes in comparison to pot
Terrible, noobass rulesets
Shady business going on with the directors
Entering means you're abetting that

Seasons of Smash is the better tournament. Go to that. http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=102307
There's a lot of money that isn't accounted for. Don't go to this tournament if you don't want your money stolen. Please get the word out; boycott this ****.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Argh, I'd come...but $25? Only like REALLY experienced players would go, and I just can't hold it with the best.
I got Melee when it came out, but I really didn't start using CERTAIN characters until a few months ago, and I didn't start getting good with certain characters until a few months ago so yeh. I also recently found out about Wavedashing and waveshining and I use Falco/Fox sometimes...so I really got to get those skills up.
Also, anyone want to pm me and tell me who's better out of Falco or Fox and why? I know, this belongs in character discussion, but I'm already here and semi on the topic. So please pm me.

D

Deleted member

Argh, I'd come...but $25? Only like REALLY experienced players would go, and I just can't hold it with the best.
I got Melee when it came out, but I really didn't start using CERTAIN characters until a few months ago, and I didn't start getting good with certain characters until a few months ago so yeh. I also recently found out about Wavedashing and waveshining and I use Falco/Fox sometimes...so I really got to get those skills up.
Also, anyone want to pm me and tell me who's better out of Falco or Fox and why? I know, this belongs in character discussion, but I'm already here and semi on the topic. So please pm me.
Welcome to the boards and everything man, but just scroll up a bit. You don't want to go to this tournament.

Top Bottom