• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dashing Pikachu

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
So it seems unlike most characters, Pikachu can do this.

As displayed in the video, it can lead to some nice spacing, as well as playing with your opponent. Of course, this was a CPU, but I'd say it'd still be pretty effective.

What do yall think?

Nocally

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3840-6058-2117
It's all right I would say, nothing game breaking, just another mix-up option which you can never have too many of. Definitely useful for mind games.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Mhmm, because your opponent needs to take a different approach that usual, as there's a rather small timeframe in which he could punish that, but if he times it wrong, he can get a dash attack to the face.

Volt@ge

Smash Cadet
NNID
Selybe
3DS FC
5112-4219-4625
Done a bit of research and found that a host of other characters can perform it as well.

If you ask me, the best thing about it is, as it's a fox-trot and Pikachu (along with the other characters I've found able to do it) have pretty lagless dash animations when only covering a short distance, you can follow out of it with pretty much anything. Compared to dashing where you have to dash in, wait for the braking animation to wind down, and then go and D-tilt/U-tilt/whatever you want to use, it's relatively instantaneous.

It's not a massive difference, but it's the difference between dashing in and not dash attacking, resulting in being stuck in a few frames of braking lag, or getting in their face and being able to mix up your option of attack immediately, especially considering the speed at which Pika's D-tilt comes out at.

Last edited:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Mhmm, because your opponent needs to take a different approach that usual, as there's a rather small timeframe in which he could punish that, but if he times it wrong, he can get a dash attack to the face.
And with Pikachu's highly buffed dash attack this game, oh man I love this.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
I'm starting to do this against real online people.
It actually works.
It's beautiful.

Top Bottom