• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dashgrabbing with Sheik...

DHard1

Smash Rookie
So, I've only taken a few years to get to Sheik, better late than never I guess.
I'm used to jump cancelling my dashgrabs as Fox, Doc, Falcon and Marth (and for some reason, Link) and am wondering if that's still the best way to go or if the dash attack grab is better for Sheik.
What do the experienced Shieks think?

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
dash attacked grab extends ur range so if u can do it most of the time, u will grab someone b4 they even think of dodging or attacking. PPl say u get more range than Marths with it, so i dont see how its not bad.

I dont think Juhnsius knows what a Dash attacked canclled grab is b/c shiek i htink is the only one that can do it with extended range (the others just stop in their place).

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
Perhaps I'm missing what you mean. If you dashgrab, it will come out slower, but will have extended range. This is true for everyone except Yoshi. How do you cancel a dash attack? Are you referring to jumpcancelling a dash to grab faster? If so, refer to previous statement. If not, correct me.

pockyD

Smash Legend
he's talking about boost grabs; you start a dash attack and then go into a grab right away (i do it by dash->a->r in rapid succession); you get the initial distance from the dash attack (which is why it's helpful for chars like sheik that have a nice burst at the start of their dash attack) into a standard dash grab

Ares726

Smash Ace
I've never heard of this before (I don't think). I'm gonna go try it out.

Also, Jihnsius, everyone benefits from their JC grab except Yoshi, Link, Young Link, and Samus. Yoshi isn't the only one. There's a ton less lag after the grab for the "grapplers" if you JC. However, with some characters it doesn't really matter. Like Bowser. He has a laggy dashgrab and a laggy JC grab, so you'd normally go for the little extra range with the dashgrab.

pockyD

Smash Legend
most everyone's jc grab has LESS LAG than their dash grab (exceptions of course), but there are certainly situations (in particular, chaingrabbing) where you want range over reduced lag (especially because 1) you don't expect the grab to miss and 2) they aren't in position to punish you for when you miss), seeing as for some characters (peach, IC, etc.) dash grab and standing grab have the same come-out time

in sheik's case, jc grab is one frame faster than dash grab, but then again dash grab's extra range comes in handy for CGing DI away. one's not innately better than the other; it's situational

ShackDaddy

Smash Ace
my bad, i thought the topic said Dash Attack Cancel, not just dash cancel. But yes the Dash Attack gives u the boost of Shieks Dash Attack and then grabs.

Top Bottom