• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Judgement

Gamermash

Smash Rookie
Haven't seen this mentioned anywhere so I thought I'd make a thread on this. :)

If any of you Game & Watch players notice, Judgement (called "Judge" really) generally halts your momentum. I'd like to bring forward methods for extending your reach like you would with a "Dash + Upsmash". If I've posted wrongly please let me know.

1) Dash + Judge towards the opponent.
Input example: Left > Left > Left Side Special.

This would input a small dash and initiate the Side Special giving you a small movement forward before your hammer hits. Time the first 2 direction inputs as you would to do a dash. See VIDEO 1's first 15 seconds.

2) Dash + Judge away from the opponent.
Input example: Right > Left Side special.

Its simple enough but the timing is important. I can't quite explain the timing so please see VIDEO 1 from 00:19 seconds and onwards as this is what you want to see happen I believe the input speed should be along the lines of doing a Dash Reverse Side Tilt. The last few attacks are examples of failed techniques.

The second example is perfect for catching someone approaching off guard and probably the more useful technique. Please see the VIDEO 2 from 01:37. Though not really great if spammed due to the end lag + random numbers, but it is a great move to have in your arsenal of techniques during any match.

VIDEO 1

VIDEO 2

Folie

Smash Apprentice
No offence intended, but you probably haven't seen anything about it because this is just a normal application of a universally common tactic of pivoting and foxtrotting (only using the initial dash as movement as opposed as to breaking into a run) that more or less all characters use. Pivot ftilt, dtilt, fsmash, jab, and grab are all relatively useful options we have out of pivoting, and our foxtrot is pretty good in general.

Gamermash

Smash Rookie
No offence intended, but you probably haven't seen anything about it because this is just a normal application of a universally common tactic of pivoting and foxtrotting (only using the initial dash as movement as opposed as to breaking into a run) that more or less all characters use. Pivot ftilt, dtilt, fsmash, jab, and grab are all relatively useful options we have out of pivoting, and our foxtrot is pretty good in general.
No offence taken, I appreciate the response.

I agree that this is basic application of a universally common tactic but I do think the timing window is a bit smaller. But because I haven't seen it mentioned nor have I ever seen anyone use it specifically with Judge, I thought it be nice to try and bring more attention towards it :).

Judge is such a brilliant move and any tips on executing it I think would be beneficial. It can change the course of the match so easily whether that's an instant KO or screwing yourself over... Assuming you can land your hammer!

Top Bottom