• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Grab or JC Grab?

JRad

Smash Apprentice
I saw Strongbad wrote in his guide that DK has a good dash grab. Normally I always jump cancel grab but I know from melee, for instance, bowsers don't JC grab since it lowers there range. Is that the same for DK in PM? Is there a difference or benefit to using dash grab vs. JC grab?

Chesstiger2612

Smash Lord
The JC grab has far more range, strangely. Maybe the slide before the actual grab compensates that effect to a certain degree, but the JC grab should have more range nonetheless.
Standing grab: 16.123
Dash grab: 10.623
Source

POOB

Smash Journeyman
Alright thanks, like you said that slide could be game changing which is mostly what I am wondering about.
DK's dash grab can grab higher than JC grab, as in the opponent can be higher in the air. Thus, making it useful in some CG situations against fast fallers that are slightly too high to grab with a JC grab before hitstun ends. It also seems that dash grab can grab slightly behind you as well, which also helps for those situations because you can dash toward them and even if you are a little late, it will still grab

JRad

Smash Apprentice
It seems to me that if you know your opponent is about to land/shield and you are positive you can get a grab that dash grab is probably better, but if you are just going for plain DD into grab JC is better

Top Bottom