• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack to U-Smash

SynTheTik

Smash Rookie
I don't know if this has been discovered yet, but I find this to be a good launch/combo-starter technique.

When approaching your opponent, dash attack and as soon as the attack hits, perform an Up Smash IMMEDIATELY, and the dash attack movement will cancel and immediately begin the Up Smash.

Again, I don't know if it's been discovered.

PcFatchos

Smash Rookie
Is this really posible? you get stunned until you hit the ground when you pantasm.

jngshin

Smash Cadet
yes, its been discovered. its used widely with snake, as it looks awesome when it connects. i also do it with wario when i dont want my dash attack punished. i forgot the others who can do it

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
It's been known about for quite some time. It ended up with the moniker "DLX hit cancel," which is *** awful. It's known as Gattling in other fighting games. Wario, Snake, and Falco are the only ones who can perform it in this specific way. Other techniques will likely be found to link other moves together in a similar fashion.

MyRevenge.

Smash Journeyman
Yea, the DLX Hit Cancel...
But they're changing the name to DC... DL.... or somethings... who knows...
Is it true that you have to do it after a grab only?

mrbr0wn1e

Smash Cadet
Gatling sounds much better! I've found that it may not work if you hit the opponent while they're shielding or laying in the floor.

an1bal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anibalt
3DS FC
0018-2664-8234
It works with diddy too.

Some guy named Dark Link X posted it and requested it be named DLX cancel.

Somehow the name stuck.

Goron

Smash Rookie
if its called gatling in other games, some stupid piss ant shouldn't be able to name it after himself...

and syn, regardless of whether or not it was already discovered, this is the first place i've seen it. thanks for the tip.

Timelement

Smash Rookie
It's been known about for quite some time. It ended up with the moniker "DLX hit cancel," which is *** awful. It's known as Gattling in other fighting games. Wario, Snake, and Falco are the only ones who can perform it in this specific way. Other techniques will likely be found to link other moves together in a similar fashion.

lol "DLX hit Cancel", that is such a terrible name...

anyway great technique to start combos, im working on different ways to link to aerial play

Ceruvik

Smash Cadet
Why don't we just call it gatling? I mean if we really hate it that much...

redgreenblue

Smash Ace
Some guy named DanteLinkX discovered this a few weeks ago and selfishly named it DLX hit canceling... I do not want to call it that. I think Yuna mentioned calling it gatling? Apparently that's what it's called in other fighting games.

Ceruvik

Smash Cadet
Let's just call it gatling since its called that in other fighting games... Isn't there a move where you cancel the Dash atk and go straight to upsmash(charged and with dash momentum)? Wasn't it dash c-stick down and then extremely quickly up and z?

Rawb Face

Smash Rookie
Ok, how bout we discuss the mechanics of gatling instead of what to f'n call it.

What you're saying is, if you dash attack, and c stick up as soon as your dash attack connects, you will cancel the dash attack and perform an upsmash? Am I understanding this right, and it is different from dashing, csticking down and up+z?

Please clarify.

Top Bottom