• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash attack into Upsmash

MichelFalcaut

Smash Cadet
I've tried this and it works pretty well, but what I want to know is whether this technique still leaves falco open to shield grabbing. Anyone know?

Domon

Smash Rookie
the dash attack part can be shield grabbed easily. if you don't continuously spam it and get some good timing it can be a great little setup.

Kaos29

Smash Cadet
Make sure to mix up between dash attacks and grabs so you aren't too predictable and it will make them thing twice about using the shield.

MichelFalcaut

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but I'm talking about cancelling the dash attack with the upsmash as soon as it lands (similar to snake's mortar slide). I've done this against the computer without being grabbed, but haven't tested it on a human subject yet.

Yoshistar64

Smash Journeyman
Humans predict better than computers. Battle someone and try to land that combo, but I don't think you'll be able to get it more than once in a match if you don't watch yourself.

Shieldgrabbing catches anything, and a dash attack is definitely not an exception.

Fluke

Smash Journeyman
However this is a dash CANCELLED upsmash, for the first couple of times, they will try to at least grab while u upsmash, still scoring that hit. Then next time, you grab instead, when they think you are going to do that again.

It's all mindgames people. Almost anyone can press buttons.

Top Bottom