• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash attack delay and Side B launch

Mizar

Smash Ace
First off, I've been playing Sonic now for a while and I found out two things. I haven't seen any of what I'm going to tell before on smashboards but sorry if this has already been noted.

1] Dash attack delay

When you dash and stop, there is a moment that you can do a dash attack while almost standing still. Just press A on the very last moment and it will still do the dash attack. I've used this as a mindgame and it worked for me against shieldgrabbing.

2] Side B launch

I'm still not 100% sure how this worked but I got launched from the middle to the left side off the stage while landing on a platform (it was on battlefield stage) I think what caused this was a charged side B while pressing right and left while you land.

^ _1- _
2 --------

Assume this is battlefield stage lol.
It sent me from point 1 to 2. Maybe this is useful for edgeguarding purpose?

thecatinthehat

Smash Master
That second one sounds like spinshotting, which is done by jumping as soon as you release the over-b. I've never been able to make it work, though.
Nah...Spinshotiing sends you along an upward angle.
According to his description, he went at a downward angle.

Hoboparty

Smash Apprentice
That second one sounds like spinshotting, which is done by jumping as soon as you release the over-b. I've never been able to make it work, though.

try it in training on 1/4 speed and jump after side b releases but before the swoosh sound it makes upon release

Mizar

Smash Ace
As for the first thing I mentioned, try tapping the control stick to one side and when he stops you'll see the stopping animation that lasts quite a while. During that whole animation you can still dash even if you're standing still.

Top Bottom