• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack Cancel into Any Move!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
Hey everyone, this post is kind of thrown together and I'll articulate and elaborate on it later as I am short on time, but while experimenting around with Lucario I found something very interesting. I looked around the Boards a small amount (not everywhere so please don't be mad if this has already been posted) to see if anyone else had posted this technique but didn't find anything. So pretty much while messing around in training mode I accidentally discovered something. Lucario, upon hitting a dash attack, can instantly input another move. However, this only happens IF THE DASH ATTACK HITS. After a short 10 minutes of experimenting I found that he can genuinely do any move out of it if input fast enough. As you can imagine, this opens up even more combo opportunities. E.G. DA>FTilt>DThrow>Nair>Kill or DA>DTilt>Fair/Nair. Maybe this is something that is just common knowledge and I'm a dingus, but give me a break I literally picked up this character yesterday and I've done little to no research.
So pretty much, if this is a sweet find then cool! If this has been done before then lets just make this thread into a discussion on it's uses and the best follow ups at different percents on different weights.
Hope this ends up being useful
~Mister the Wizard
I'm out.

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
lol, sorry to burst your bubble but... like all of Lucario's moveset does that, not just dash attack. Lucario works with a hit-cancel system in PM so on hit you can basically cancel it with anything. ASC (aura sphere cancel) is a very important tool for Lucario since he can cancel moves into specials, especially smashes and aerials. Meaning you could F-smash someones sheild and cancel it into a Side-B grab or w/e, just look all over the boards for all the ideas. A very technically demanding character with lots of combo potential.

Last edited:

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
lol, sorry to burst your bubble but... like all of Lucario's moveset does that, not just dash attack. Lucario works with a hit-cancel system in PM so on hit you can basically cancel it with anything. ASC (aura sphere cancel) is a very important tool for Lucario since he can cancel moves into specials, especially smashes and aerials. Meaning you could F-smash someones sheild and cancel it into a Side-B grab or w/e, just look all over the boards for all the ideas. A very technically demanding character with lots of combo potential.
Haha, like I said in the original post, I thought that something like this probably existed. I knew that his moveset hinged on the ASC system and on hit cancels, but I thought it was only certain moves, I didn't realize it was universal. Thanks a lot for letting me know though, and sorry for clogging up the boards with an extra post :)

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It's not universal, Gohan doesn't have it quite right. You are correct in that only certain moves cancel into others. This is the order it works in.

DashAttack or Jab > Tilt > Smash > Special
in the case of aerial attacks, it's pretty simple. Aerial > Special.

You can skip any of those steps, but you can't go backwards. So what you've discovered is that yes, dash attack is at the front of the list, and can cancel into anything else. It's not a secret, it's literally on the Project M website under Lucario's character page.

The reason Aura Sphere Canceling works the way it does, is because Specials are at the end of the list. This means anything can be canceled into aura sphere, which can immediately be canceled for free with basically no lag.

Mister the Wizard

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7432-3401
It's not universal, Gohan doesn't have it quite right. You are correct in that only certain moves cancel into others. This is the order it works in.

DashAttack or Jab > Tilt > Smash > Special
in the case of aerial attacks, it's pretty simple. Aerial > Special.

You can skip any of those steps, but you can't go backwards. So what you've discovered is that yes, dash attack is at the front of the list, and can cancel into anything else. It's not a secret, it's literally on the Project M website under Lucario's character page.

The reason Aura Sphere Canceling works the way it does, is because Specials are at the end of the list. This means anything can be canceled into aura sphere, which can immediately be canceled for free with basically no lag.
Wow! Thanks for the info, that really clarifies it. The way you illustrated it makes sense. Sorry for not doing any research beforehand D: Thanks a lot you guys for helping me out, this all suddenly made me like Lucario a whole lot more. Now that I understand how he works I think he'll be seeing a little bit more play :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom