• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dash Attack Cancel Grab ?????

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
I was messing with G&W and he can cancels his dash attack into a grab (or pivot grab) if he hits with it on the first frames. It is intentional or a bug?

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
I was messing with G&W and he can cancels his dash attack into a grab (or pivot grab) if he hits with it on the first frames. It is intentional or a bug?
It's intentional. This has been in since like, forever lol.

GeZ

Smash Lord
It's a carryover from brawl. Canceling Dash Attack to Usmash is referred to as a gatling combo I think?

&Y_

Smash Cadet
I thought gatling and dacus were different. Dacus is the one where he slides and you don't see any of the dash attack animation. I was under the impression that gatling was a combo at the end of the dash attack, where you see the whole animation.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
gatling and Dacus are different. Dacus is when you immediately cancel dash attack into up smash with no dash attack hit box coming out. It has a very tight window for execution. gatling combo is interrupting the end lag of dash attack on-hit with upsmash. it does not have a tight timing but requires the hit. boost grab and gatling follow the same rules.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Alright, problem here, does it depend on the foes weight because no matter how fast I do it I cannot get the grab sometimes. I know it doesn't work at high percents but I was wondering if it was just mostly good on the heavier weight cast as opposed to characters like Jiggs.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Boost grab stops being guaranteed very early. So yea you are right. But I'm pretty sure dash grab has less lag than dash attack so getting in the habbit of doing it is still good.

WINK ;)

Thankful for today
Boost grab stops being guaranteed very early. So yea you are right. But I'm pretty sure dash grab has less lag than dash attack so getting in the habbit of doing it is still good.
Ahh, so lets say the grab will never connect in a million years, I should still use it to reduce lag on the dash attack?

KABO0S

Smash Cadet
So how are you doing this? Dash attack then pressing Z right after animation starts? Or immediately after pressing A for dash attack i.e. A-Z very quickly?

Italia06823834

Smash Cadet
To cancel into the grab the first frames (1-4 I think?) of the Dash Attack MUST HIT. then you press Z to cancel into a grab.

Top Bottom