• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Darkurai's Make Your Move Impressions: Phoenix Wright by Chief Mendez

Darkurai

Smash Master
Link to original post: [drupal=557]Darkurai's Make Your Move Impressions: Phoenix Wright by Chief Mendez[/drupal]

Note: If you guys haven't figured out by now, I'll write up my thoughts on individual things as I read them, then my general impressions are at the end.

So...today you want me to evaluate a moveset for Phoenix Wright? Very well.

Let's take a look at this, shall we?

I'm not actually going to watch all the reference videos, but I love it when people use them. It shows that you really put work into making this moveset.

His down tilt reminds me quite a bit of something that can happen in normal gameplay...

I do like how it can be teched out of as a feint.

The paper is a bit humorous, and is implemented well.

...meteor smash upwards?

Interesting.

Side special...

Again, that paper effect is interesting.

I got a good laugh out of his up special. Using your head, I see.

Don't really have much to say about that move. I just wanted to do that.

The Final Smash is quite well-done.

He's missing a victory pose.

Quote:
Alt. Outfit 1: Miles Edgeworth's frilly red get-up.

I would absolutely love a stage like the one you've described.

Quote:
I'm not going to detail every character's case, for a number of reasons

My overall impressions of this moveset? It's great. I'm very sad to say that I don't know Phoenix Wright very well, but I can tell you tried as hard as you could to make the moveset stay true to the character. It's definitely balanced very well, with no blaringly overpowered moves. Attack percentages, 100% (well nearly, there's no Wii Remote sound lol) completion of the moveset, a stage, assist trophy, and other trophies, and even reference videos show that you put a lot of work into this moveset. The moveset was also very well organized and easy to read. I applaud you for giving us one of the best movesets I've read.

That's all I have to say.

Top Bottom