• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark pit move set % and analysis

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
beat up sandbag cuz I was curious and these thoughts are based on what I've seen using him so far. Analysis part is just opinion based so not adamant, don't jump on me for it

jab: 2% - rapid jab is really bad and easy to sdi out of, try to keep it to the 3 hit jab which will net you 9% in total (last hit deals 5%)
ftilt: 7% - moves you forward slightly and has good range
dtilt: 6% - probably his best spacing tool, maybe his best move in general, it feels very nice
utilt: 10% (2%, 3%, 5% in that order) - doesn't seem that good at all, weird hitbox makes it hard to hit anyone most of the time
fsmash: 17% (6%, 11%) uncharged 21% fully charged (7%, 14%) - Your primary kill move, try to keep it fresh because you desperately need it. The range on the 2nd hit is very deceptive and goes much further than the first hit.
dsmash: 13% uncharged 17% fully charged - standard type of dsmash, good for punishing rolls and whatnot, nothing really special otherwise.
usmash: 14% (4%, 2%, 8%) uncharged 19% fully charged (5%, 2%, 12%) - decent hitbox, nothing super good.
neutral b: 4% uncharged, 11% fully charged - Arrows are suuuuuuper laggy, only use them far away, decent damage rackers but not efficient for zoning at all. Also for a fun mindgame, you can move in different directions while holding the arrow to extend how long it's out, won't increase the damage unfortunately.
side b: 12% - As tempting as it is to use this move in neutral, ****ing don't. It can deflect projectiles and has super armor, so use it to punish and for nothing else (well, maybe in some edge guarding cases). It's sorta safe if you hit their shield while doing it in the air, depends on who they are/how they react. It can kill if you're near the ledge but other than that it's just for punishing.
up b: Really good recovery move, sends you far, however you are completely vulnerable during it so you can get edge guarded really hard if you aren't safe.
down b: just a reflector that works on both sides of him, cooldown after using it is awful so you need hard reads on projectiles to make it work
nair: 9% - Looks like a fairly good all around protection move but it doesn't beat out anything really, only real use seems to be from throw follow ups
fair: 7% (2%, 1%, 4%) - good spacing too, great for following up from a dthrow too
bair: 8% sourspot 12% sweetspot - hitting this move with a sweetspot is a decent kill option, getting the hit is pretty hard unfortunately
dair: 10% - can spike if hit in the middle of the hit box. Great OoS option as well
uair: 10% (2% each hit) - great for frametraps/juggles, can actually kill if fresh at decent %
up throw: 11% (4%, 7%) - Least used throw, but has good damage. Dthrow is usually a better choice most of the time.
down throw: 6% - Can usually follow up with fair/nair, good for frame trapping and juggles
back throw: 8% - not too much to say about this, just a normal back throw
forward throw: 11% good for the damage and you can follow up with dash attack at 0-low percents depending on the character, won't work on some floaty characters unfortunately
dash attack: 11% - Good punish move and covers a lot of ground, fairly punishable if just thrown out, I know I have a bad habit of inputting it while trying to do something else

here's a video for visual reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HAhs1qqcZY&feature=youtu.be

Last edited:

ShInXBolt

Smash Rookie
Thanks for this. I've been practicing as dark pit, but this helped with some tips on his moves

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
His Usmash is really good for kill move. It kills a lot of characters on average from 110%-130% (If the move is fresh). It comes out quick and you can DACUS if they're not right above you.

A retreat Nair is a great move to use when your opponent is going to either roll into you, or make an attempt to dash attack.

Dair is great for not only poking shields, but if your under high pressure situations, simply just Dair OoS. Also, you can use it against players that have a nasty habit of using getup attacks either on the ledge, or if you anticipate they're going to do a getup attack instead of rolling.

I feel like if you understand the fundamentals of zoning out the player, Dark Pit can be a viable character. Because of how slow he is, you don't want to get to aggressive and just bait out whatever your opponent is going to throw at you.

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
dont show this to patrick better known as wii dude as he wont admit but there is some differences with pit and dark pit dark pit causes slightly more damage but has less knockback power he is indeed slightly slower and the animation of dark pits up b is the same but his up b from what ive seen travels higher than pits and his final smash is zeldas i tryed to tell wiidude that and he blocked me oh well

kunimitsu877

Smash Apprentice
just saying the differences between them is mostly the speed(dark pit is slower but stronger) and range(dark pits electroshock arm has slightly more range) makes sense right

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
oh cool, I didn't know that was a thing. Not sure how this works with DI but I'll def try this out on different characters

Edit: Tried it against jigglypuff and they can just DI diagonally away and be too high, dthrow seems to be a better option against floaty characters

Edit 2: Seems if you do it right away on rosalina, you'll just whiff the dash attack, need to pause every so slightly before hitting her. Tried it multiple times against a lvl 9 cpu and they didn't react in any way so you def have the time to do it.

Edit 3: GnW seems like he can escape it if he DIs correctly, doesn't seem guaranteed on him if he's holding diagonally away and mashes jump. Other light characters might be able to get out like this too. In general it seems to be iffy with light characters but it does work on most so far

Last edited:

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
double post but completely updated the topic with new information and changed thoughts after going through this week, check it out!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I actually really like the UTilt. The hitbox is weird but after getting used to it, that can be an advantage against players who don't know it well, and I find it can be used to start a decent juggling/aerial game against characters who struggle in that department. Just my thoughts and experience.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I also like utilt. The hitbox lingers a bit above you and it's easier to throw out than an upsmash. I also find that it out prioritizes certain down airs and other aerials that have been given me a problem (specific ones aren't actually coming to mind right now >_<).

Upsmash is good for killing (no where as good as characters' upsmashes like Greninja's, but it's a pretty good OoS option against characters like Peach and Jigglypuff who try to space aerials over your head lmao), and the knockback on the hit behind you on downsmash kills pretty well, too.

Last edited:

Phoenon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
PhoenonX
Dark Pit Forward Tilt also has a sweet spot that does 10% instead of 7% at the very tips of his blades.

Top Bottom