• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Damn Technology!

IronSquid

Smash Rookie
Link to original post: [drupal=4987]Damn Technology![/drupal]

It may just be my computer, but the site has become very laggy and unresponsive. It's also, to a lesser extent, been this way with YT lately. Is anybody else having this problem?

My computer has crashed twice this week and I had to format the hard drive yesterday. Whatever is wrong with my computer may be causing this, so I'd like to know if anybody else is experiencing this bull**** so I can get a new pc if I need to (**** Microsoft, this computer is barely 3 months old!).

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
o I can get a new pc if I need to (**** Microsoft, this computer is barely 3 months old!).
Could be a bad computer or just trash on it that's slowing it down, because I'm fine over here.
If you're using Chrome, then last I checked it's a known bug that YT tabs crash or something.

IronSquid

Smash Rookie
Could be a bad computer or just trash on it that's slowing it down, because I'm fine over here.
If you're using Chrome, then last I checked it's a known bug that YT tabs crash or something.
I'm not using Chrome, so that can't be it.

There shouldn't be anything slowing it down since I erased EVERYTHING on the hard drive just yesterday. But a bad computer? I'll buy that. I've always had trouble with Microsoft's computers, but it's never been this bad before; this **** is ludacris.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
By bad computer I meant exactly what tPK said.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Okay, buy a MacBook since you dislike Microsoft.
A used one from the pawn shop or so is basically your best bet.

They're the least problematic.

TL?

Smash Ace
Ever consider the possibility that you are the reason your computer doesn't work right?

TheRaven

Smash Rookie
Post your computer's model. Also, to the Windows haters, do you really think the extra money you pay is worth it? My current computer with Windows has 6GB RAM (upgradable to 10 I think), almost 600GB hard disk, and costs $600.

Do you have an ACER? A lotta those little Acer notebooks are terrible. If so, I suggest you invest in a proper laptop.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Post your computer's model. Also, to the Windows haters, do you really think the extra money you pay is worth it? My current computer with Windows has 6GB RAM (upgradable to 10 I think), almost 600GB hard disk, and costs $600.

Do you have an ACER? A lotta those little Acer notebooks are terrible. If so, I suggest you invest in a proper laptop.
I'm saving for an origin eon17. It's around $12,000.
But, I don't play games on PC. So I would buy a macbook.

Browny

Smash Hater
wtf I've never even heard of these origin laptops...

Theyre ****ing ridiculous rofl. I cant even comprehend how a laptop could contain that much power... it would weigh a ton, and generate enough heat to warm a room in the middle of winter >_< mad overpriced though, considering its still a laptop and cant be upgraded easily etc.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I've been talking about it months ago in the Disco room. The reason why it's around $12,000 is because it's custom-built.

And to tell you what, Origin's Big O is a pc and an xbox 360. Which is pretty damn cool.

D

Deleted member

wtf I've never even heard of these origin laptops...

Theyre ****ing ridiculous rofl. I cant even comprehend how a laptop could contain that much power... it would weigh a ton, and generate enough heat to warm a room in the middle of winter >_< mad overpriced though, considering its still a laptop and cant be upgraded easily etc.
he just blindly selected the max specs on that site without even thinking about what each part does (which means $3K for a total 1.5TB SSD to name some things)

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Blindly? Why don't you go ahead and select them instead?

I'm sure you can help me on making a well-made laptop. :glare:

D

Deleted member

I selected every single option and only reached 9K.... so yeah

Browny

Smash Hater
Sorry for continuing the off-topic ness, but im not listening to his 12k estimate (similarly, for a realistic laptop I only managed like 5k since you wont have multiple 512gb SSD's lol), just considering the fact that for something that is locked to todays technology, it is quite pricey. normally you get discounts for lumping things together, not make you charge more haha. This aint Apple.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Custom building a laptop is a pain in the ***. I could see a high-end one being pricey. But really, Vinyl, 12k man, that's a lot to drop. Can it be upgraded in the future?

On-topic, Squid, if you can get me a crash dump I might be able to get you a cause. I used to do this kind of thing for a living.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I selected every single option and only reached 9K.... so yeah
What are the specs?

Custom building a laptop is a pain in the ***. I could see a high-end one being pricey. But really, Vinyl, 12k man, that's a lot to drop. Can it be upgraded in the future?
I wasn't really planning on buying it though. I'm pretty much a huge lover for apple's technologies.
I know 12k is a bit overrated and I should pretty much save that for anything else.

But, Their Big O looks really nice. So I'd love to check it out myself.

IronSquid

Smash Rookie

On-topic, Squid, if you can get me a crash dump I might be able to get you a cause. I used to do this kind of thing for a living.
I have no idea what's going on with it. It just suddenly crashes at random times, even if I don't have an anything open. When I turn it back on, it always says that there was an error starting up even if it didn't crash an I turned it off manually. On top of that, it never says what caused the error.

After spending a few hours doing research, I think I finally found the solution. I had to get a lot more security programs and **** like that, which I shouldn't have needed in the first place since the ones I had were working perfectly. For whatever reason, I had to put the new security programs on an external souce or they won't work. For the most part, I've got the problem fixed; I just have to finish scanning my entire hard drive with my new programs. Strangely enough, when everything was erased form my hard drive, the thing causing the crashes remained there. Whatever caused the crashes seems to have been installed on the hard drive in the factory.

Top Bottom