• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Damage Moves and Kill Moves

Spudnick

Smash Apprentice
which moves do you primarily use for killing, and damaging. I've found that I hardly ever use smashes to kill (except down smash occasionally) and that I rely more on aerials. As for damaging moves, it may sound silly but probably the A jab combo accounts for around 25% of all my damage. short hopping a nair and then fastfalling so the second kick hits is extremely easy to string into an A jab combo. Even if they spot dodge the kick you still hit them multiple times, racking up quite a bit of damage.

Roager

Smash Ace
Kill strokes: Knee of Justice, F-smash, D-smash, U-air, PAWNCH, side-B (air), B-air.
Damage moves: U-air (yeah, it's both), tilts, U-smash, N-air, side-B (ground), down-B.

That's the bulk of it. There's more, but I don't use them much.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Damage moves and kill moves are mostly a pick and choose game in Brawl if you ask me. If you really want to kill with a certain attack, you just need to know what percents it will kill at undiminished and purposefully save it.

Personally me, I would try hard to save one of Falcon's aerials, like the B-air or U-air, and I would save his U-tilt for killing. Not that I would never use his Smash attacks, but those are significantly more situational.

I try to do damage with the D-air, N-air, Jabs, Dash attack, F-tilt, Falcon Kick, and Up-B. Not to mention dash grabbing too.

Wogrim

Smash Lord
For me my kills are something like 35% FSmash, 25% DSmash, 15% BAir, 15% Punch, 10% UTilt, 10% Kick, 10% UAir, 5% Falcon Dive, 5% Raptor Boost Spike, 5% NAir, 5% Nipple Spike, 5% Knee (sob), 5% other
Which comes out to 150% win. I definately need to get my Falcon Dive kill fraction up....

For damage it's usually jabs/grab, Kick, UAir, BAir, and FSmash, with a bit of tilt poking thrown in. I havn't been using NAir much lately, perhaps because I've been fighting characters against which it is hard to approach in the air.

Crazy_mofo213

Smash Lord
Kill- Dair, Knee, Falcon PAAAWWNNCH, Down Smash
Damage- Up Smash, Nair, Down B, Bair, Jabs, All tilts
Both- Side B (air), Uair, Up B

I sometimes switch it up depending on who i'm playing.

Demon_Fox

Smash Apprentice
Kill - dsmash, aerials, occasionally fsmash
Damage - jab, grab, utilt, aerials

DonkeyKonginator

Smash Rookie
1move, FALCON PUNCH! Seriously though, Captain Falcons finishers are meant as damage dealers as well. I find setting up smashes then abusing them (With correct timing) is the way to go.

xiferp

Smash Apprentice
I find myself not saving any attacks on falcon. I don't know why.

CPU?

Smash Apprentice
i think that a good killer move is his knee in the air its a fair i think but i see alot of c.falcon vids where he ko's with that knee in the air...

Top Bottom