• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair to F. Smash

TylerX5

Smash Apprentice
Sup folks, I just wanted to post this so more ppl will be aware but Ike can get a true combo of Dair > Fsmash on most characters (percents vary with each character, but very roughly most of the cast gets hit some where between 45%-85% ), and pretty much every one except the smallest floaties can be dair > up smash, although the up smash doesn't kill nearly as well as the Fsmash. Now the tricky part is setting up the dair! Also like all of Ike's other moves the dair has multiple hitboxes, some send the character up higher, the spacing gets tricky honestly.

Here's a list of characters and the specific percents I know it will true combo on (rounded to the nearest 0 or 5)

°Captain Falcon
-dair to Smash 80%-130%

° Gannon
-dair to Fsmash 60%-90%

°Mario
-dair to fsmash (can upsmash at 40%) 60%-70% might be better to just upsmash

°Marth
-dair to Fsmash 60%-85% (tricky though)

°Metaknight
- dair to Fsmash (45%-80%)

°Pit
-dair to Fsmash 50%-65%

°Sheik
-dair to Fsmash 55%-85%

°Wario
-dair to Fsmash 55%- 85%

°Zelda
-dair to Fsmash (use up smash) 40%-60%

Commander

Smash Ace
If you get dsmashed in a ditto you can buffer counter and if your opponent goes for the second hit they will hit you on the first frames of counter.

King of Hoboz

Smash Journeyman
Well, there's no 'real' buffering in this game (I think?), but the idea is just hitting counter as soon as you can will let you counter Ike's second hit of D-Smash in the ditto.

Name Cannot be changed

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4768-7691-2214
Well, there's no 'real' buffering in this game (I think?), but the idea is just hitting counter as soon as you can will let you counter Ike's second hit of D-Smash in the ditto.
Thanks

Wouldn't going for the counter leave you open to be punished if the dsmashing Ike doesn't go for the second hit?

Commander

Smash Ace
Thanks

Wouldn't going for the counter leave you open to be punished if the dsmashing Ike doesn't go for the second hit?
If you do nothing you get hit. Might as well mash counter till it comes out. You shouldn't be getting hit by dsmash often enough to mix up countering or not.

Top Bottom