• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair to edge guard

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Far as I know, no one else has done this.

The enemy is recovering to the stage from edge level or lower, you jump off the edge and dair into them. If done right this should send them sideways at quite the low angle (hitting them down isn't possible as far as I have seen but maybe you can at some weird angle). After dair-ing, you jump and if need be up-b to safety. There is a certain amount of space the dair HAS to travel before it can be jumped out of. Fortunately, at any time after this you can safely jump back to the stage so timing isn't really a problem.

The really great thing is since you almost never use your dair in any other situation ON the stage, when you finally decide to whip it out OFF the stage the damage and knock-back will be at or near their full potential.

Important note: you can't jump out of your dair if you have lost your second jump or have used your up-b. So don't be a fool and use this only to plummet to your death.

I dunno about you guys but I'm liking Sonic more every day. :)

TwinkleToes

Smash Lord
Yeah after a bit of testing I found out that the angle is lower the sooner the dair lands. Real sweet to land it and then up-b back to safety. It's one of the ways Sonic can get a kill at low/mid percents.

Top Bottom