• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair shield pressure?

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
You all know how Ness can auto cancel his dair by SHing, dairing asap upon leaving the ground, and NOT fast falling. Well, it occurred to me how Ness' dair hitbox stays out for 9 frames. This is interesting, because if you hit someone's shield with the late part of the hitbox, it would still have plenty of shield stun, but you'd be super close to the ground, the dair would end up autocancelling, and you could act while the opponent was still recovering from shield stun.

After landing, you could do something like d-tilt (3 frames), u-tilt (5 frames), or what have you.

Thoughts?

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
d-air to grab... Haven't experimented with it TOO much, so I honestly don't know quite how efficient this is(unsure as to the exact frames it takes for ness's grab to come out, I mean). It has been effective for me when I feel I can catch my opponent off guard with it, for sure though. as in a few times lately i've been able to d-air shield pressure through to the other side of my opponent to a pivot grab. I have only done this to ganon, but several times... I guess it's dependent on how fast you can do the pivot for a lot of people, but if that's not a factor for you, it's doable. I like to get grabs with ness, dthrow is one of my favorite techchase starters. Funny how people who are unfamiliar with ness always mess up DI-ing it too(pivot can help with that).

Top Bottom