• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair into rest

Dromnea

Smash Rookie
It depends on the DI of your opponent and the percentage. The combo is more or less a 50/50. Other good rest combos are U-air into rest, pound to F-air to rest, and jab lock to sing to rest (more complicated). I get a lot of tricks from watching Hbox and his plays.

Last edited:

muscrester

Smash Rookie
I have questions about this too. Since Version 6.0. There have been changes to puff's D-air, which Hbox seems to be able to use to making D-air + Rest a sure thing.
I can't seem to understand how to go straight from D-air into Rest like he does. I always have landing lag, by which time the opponent can move again.

What am I doing wrong?

DaBestName

Smash Rookie
I have questions about this too. Since Version 6.0. There have been changes to puff's D-air, which Hbox seems to be able to use to making D-air + Rest a sure thing.
I can't seem to understand how to go straight from D-air into Rest like he does. I always have landing lag, by which time the opponent can move again.

What am I doing wrong?
You might not be fast falling at the correct timing. Make sure you fast fall the move !!

ChozoBeast

Smash Rookie
You have to make sure you hit the ground before the animation ends. It also doesn’t work past high percentages like 70% unless they’re big characters like Bowser, KRool and even then it’s tricky.

Top Bottom