• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair into rest,still possible

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
Actually it's even easier:if you manage to dair in mid-air and hit until the last drill,the opponent will be stunned and you'll have all the time to rest.
You don't have to land the dair tough, it must end in mid-air.
It's really easy to do,and at 70% or so it's a kill.
I don't know if I explained correctly,my english is not great,but i'm making a video,i'll post it soon.

EDIT:Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0D2n7O6WxA

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Its called an auto canceled dair, meaning that even though the dair wasn't completely finished, enough of it was so that when you land, all the lag is canceled. I was playing the other day and saw that when you short hop a dair, it auto cancels giving you an opportunity to rest, though I'm not sure if this is actually a combo because I didn't have the time to test it out.

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
Its called an auto canceled dair, meaning that even though the dair was completely finished, enough of it was so that when you land, all the lag is canceled. I was playing the other day and saw that when you short hop a dair, it auto cancels giving you an opportunity to rest, though I'm not sure if this is actually a combo because I didn't have the time to test it out.
I see,so that's how it works.
But yes it is a combo,i'm not sure if you can tech the dair,but i don't think so.
Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0D2n7O6WxA

RPK

Smash Lord
Well even if you can DI out of it <<<<33333 Even better then an up tilt to rest x3 Also, that Dair to rest isnt king's >.> But what ever ._.

RPK

Smash Lord
fair to rest, and bair to rest? Everything to rest? <3

Hm...Since we can do that now, I need a list on how many times you gotta use X move before your able to use it to combo into rest...With the new Decay system, Ill need a lot more data on moves....Also lag frames too

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
LMAO @ ppl thinking King invented everything... my mind goes to AOB, and Anden..
That's because there's a video on youtube that calls this combo"King's new combo"or something like that.I'm kind of new to Jigglypuff,like 6-7 months.
Can anyone explain what's the decay system?

Shadow Nataku

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong. But I was pretty certain this combo has existed since SSB64. It was just easier to break and avoid in Melee.

Som

Smash Cadet
I got D-air to rest in a match. Also on low percentages you can get back air into rest in the air (only tried against large characters).

Tin

Smash Journeyman
That's because there's a video on youtube that calls this combo"King's new combo"or something like that.I'm kind of new to Jigglypuff,like 6-7 months.
Can anyone explain what's the decay system?
IIRC, the decay system is when attacks get weaker when they are repeatedly used. So less knockback = room to rest.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

OrlanduEX

Smash Lord
This looks very cool, but I'm afraid that tap/smash DI will ruin it completely.
Signed. DI f***s up multi-hit moves. Also, rest is so weak in Brawl, its not even funny. You actually have to rack up like 60-70% damage now to get a kill with it, and if they DI the rest, it will take even more damage considering how much more effective DI is now.

Mada90

Smash Apprentice
I've been testing it some more,and it looks like you can't DI enough out of the dair to avoid the rest,keep in mind that jigglypuff is bigger,and rest's hitbox is bigger too of course.
Of course you can DI the rest but well,you can DI (almost)every move in the game.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I've been testing it some more,and it looks like you can't DI enough out of the dair to avoid the rest,keep in mind that jigglypuff is bigger,and rest's hitbox is bigger too of course.
Of course you can DI the rest but well,you can DI (almost)every move in the game.
Did you smash/tap DI repeatedly?

Top Bottom