• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair -> Dsmash.... its pro

pyrnight

Smash Journeyman
So I was playing niko_k a few days ago... he zero to death'd me basically (it wasn't a 0 to death combo, but i coudlnt' get a hit in)..

Just when I thought I was totally ****ed for that match, Dthrow->Dair->pivotgrab 3 times to 50%, grab him again. d throw, dash attack, dair... then he hit the ground from dair... i landed beside him, chased his get up roll and downsmashed the instant he was out of his roll, which killed him..

And the match ended up being 3:06 minutes... so I couldn't record... should have killed myself and recorded it...

Dair is really good.... Try using it more in a match, and following up with a dsmash or grab after they hit the ground then get-up-attack or roll

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
Dair => D-tilt => Uair => ??? (surprise butt ****?) => Dair Spike => U-Smash/D-Smash = profit

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
....<_< no its not, thats why his Dair is able to Spike and kill at ridiculous low percentages -_-

Ghettible

Smash Rookie
i suppose i'll stop solely spamming sh fairs and work some dairs into my game

Mecha Soul

Smash Apprentice
lol, all of falco's moves ****, (except for the fair, which is merely surprise sex)
Fair is good because you can fit a fair and a no frame laser into a full jump

This is actually a pretty cool trick for baiting people and it really often will lead into a grab or a dash attack or something

full hop fair as soon as you leave the ground, then fire a laser asap and it'll come out as a no frame laser

people always charge you when they see the fair expecting landing lag, but instead you land with no landing lag and a laser coming out to protect you which a lot of the time either stuns them long enough for a grab or makes them shield which leads into a grab

zamz

Smash Journeyman
...SH F-Air has actually been useful against nasty Snakes. Horrible delay if you miss, but hell, I don't know of a Snake alive who expects it. They figure if you're in the air, near them and facing them, you have no way you can possibly hit them. Throw out the old F-Air, and you may just snag 5%.

Exousia

Smash Journeyman
dash attack > upsmash
d-throw > up tilt > pivot foward smash, or d-smash

not sure if these are unescapeable. help?
dash attack > upsmash at low percentages is inescapable (especially if DXL'd)

d-throw > up tilt is as far as you go that inescapable.

Ulevo

Smash Master
dash attack > upsmash at low percentages is inescapable (especially if DXL'd)

d-throw > up tilt is as far as you go that inescapable.
There are actually quite a few combos that are inescapable, though I can't remember all of them for the life of me. I posted a thread recently that has them.

On another note, Shuffle Dair to Dair is the Falco version of Knee to Shinespike. Anyone stating otherwise should be taken out back and shot.

/endthread

Top Bottom