• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DaGC (dash attack grab cancel) or ya mom (Incomplete)

HiniCheese

Smash Rookie
So yea, I've looked around this forum a bit (for G&W) and I didn't seem to notice anything mentioned on this. I might have seen something on this but, I do not remember. Anyway, if this has been posted before, someone delete this so it isn't viewed as spam.
I do not take credit for this video.
I've been messing with this for a little bit of time now, sadly you can only cancel his dash attack with a garb. If only he could JCG with this, amiright?! If you guys want, you can stare at my lame info below.

Just as a FYI, I started this post with the intentions of just, posting a video and saying, yo you want me to test this for ya? Then I go all interested and did this -3-

weight for v2 by, "MachGO!" from smashmods
I don't know if the weights are ever altered between versions, but this is what I looked at after I gave this technique some thought.
1)Bowser [118]
2) DK [114]
3) DDD [112]
4) Charizard [110]
5) Ganon [109]
6) Ike [108]
7) Wario [107]
8) ROB [106]
9) Snake [105]
10-11) Captain Falcon/Link [104]
12-14) Lucario/Luigi/Mario [100]
15) Ness [94]
16-18) Peach/Sheik/Zelda [90]
19) Marth [87]
20-21) Wolf/Toon Link [85]
22) Sonic [82]
23-26) Falco/Lucas/Pit/Pikachu [80]
27) Fox [75]
28-29) Jigglypuff/Mr. G&W [60]
HIGHLIGHTED MEANS YOU CAN DO IT TO THEM. NO HIGHLIGHT = NOOP

If this is still correct for version 2.5b, then G&W GaGC(what ever you want to call it).
The only problem with basing this off of weight alone is, this isn't constant within the weights. Its ether that or this information is incorrect. For one, I believe Jig is lighter than G&W. Since that list was made, 4 more characters were released. Their weights, I do not know as of now nor do I know if weight is the only reason you are able to do this. I have tested on all of them it works; ZSS, Diddy Kong, Squritle and Ivysaur

At first I thought this was weight thing, maybe its a weight + fall speed thing? Anyway, I'm done with this.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
I actually have known about this since day 1, but I kinda sat it aside for w/e reason. It's a brawl trick that I know as a "Gatling Combo." Besides just canceling into grab it also cancels into Up-Smash for an easier DACUS. It has a few good situational uses, like picking opponents up and then instantly grabbing or Up-Smashing them.

The down side to the move is that it's tied to G&W's dash attack and only works through the first part of the move. Whiffing G&W dash attack is guaranteed punish, and getting that close to your opponent you probably should have just down tilted or raw grabbed them. The other problem is that it's highly inconsistent, getting the dash attack to link into the grab or up smash is linked to the opponents DI and %. On most characters there is no % where it's a guaranteed grab on hit. On top of that the opening hit-box for dash attack sends opponents backwards adding another potential error.

That being said it does have some neat situational uses, so keep experimenting.

As for the weight chart G&W is heavier than Jiggs in this version, but most of those are probably right.

leelue

Smash Lord
If you use this instead of raw grabbing them you get to beat spot dodges, which is something. Also since the dash attack comes out faster you do get some tradeoff that way.

ALSO also, there is no way this is the same input as the version with an upsmash. No way. This is extremely easy.

Top Bottom