• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DACUS Pivot Grab

cisyphus

Smash Ace
Basic info to consider:
Up Smash has its first active hitbox at frame 14
Pivot Grab is active on frames 8 and 9
Up Smash can cancel dash attack (DACUS)
Grab can cancel dash attack (Boost Grab)
Grabs can be pivoted

Yeah so I don't play Ice Climbers at all, but while playing around with them I found this out: when you input a DACUS and then a pivot boost grab immediately afterwards, the Lead Climber will up smash the opponent on the exact same frame that the Following Climber Grabs them, meaning that they take damage from the Up Smash and immediately get grabbed as well. There's some variance in the actual frame data, but it seems to end in the same result regardless. Stills of the active frames (excuse lousy quality, CRT + phone camera is the best I can work with right now):
[collapse=Variations]
[collapse=14th frame up smash & 5th frame boost grab]

[/collapse][collapse=14th frame up smash & 6th frame pivot grab]

[/collapse][collapse=14th frame up smash & 7th frame pivot grab]

[/collapse][collapse=14th frame up smash & 8th frame boost grab]

[/collapse][collapse=14th frame up smash & 9th frame boost grab]

[/collapse][/collapse]
One can imagine that there are more possible hitboxes, but those are the ones I've found so far. It doesn't seem to greatly affect the outcome, as I consistently grab my dummy Fox. So far as how to do it, I just input the DACUS like normal, except I make a half-circle rotation with my control stick, going from the dash input to upward vertex to the opposite horizontal from the dash.

Last edited:
Top Bottom