• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DAC question

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
I've been getting mixed results for my DAC lately, there is the full DAC, where Link can travel halfway through Battlefield. Whereas Ive been getting only 3/4 of that distance a lot for some reason. What factors contribute to this? I know I've been getting it, since Link's traction does not allow him to travel anywhere if I didnt execute it properly.

Little things I found out today btw, tell me if its common knowledge.

Link's uair give him a small boost up on your first jump, but you lose your second jump.
Trying to do a zair with Z will not work if immediately trying after bair, instead you will airdodge. (haven't tried with any other aerial, but I think its the same)

I also think somehow I've canceled uair going onto a platform on battlefield somehow. So maybe that's something to look out for.

Ty for any help

Swordplay

Smash Lord
not sure about the DAC...I have had the same problem but i fixed it with a better controler..(C-stick was terrible on that controler)

that u-air thing. sounds like something i discovered on my own...not really an (AT)

if you are playing with tap jump on. and use the jump button. then immediately go to U-Air. Link uses his second jump at the time he executes his U-air. This gives it the appearance that Link boost into the air a little while performing the attack. Because you used your second jump (even if you don't realize it) you obviously don't get it back.

If you don't have tap jump on and something else is going on then i don't know what your talking about.

Silencer~

Smash Cadet
I think it all depends on the timing of when you actually cancel the dash. If you hit Z up at the right time, i think that you will get a better glide across the map.

AmigoOne

Smash Journeyman
Tap jump is not on. During first jump Link just gets a pathetic little boost that uses up his second jump. Its so dumb.

Tested out the aerial thing, hitting Z after dair and fair will make a zair happen, uair and bair make an airdodge. Dont get why. If you hit z twice you get zair though.

Top Bottom