• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D3's Multi-hit sling.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
As is true with many multi-hit attacks, once you connect, the enemy's momentum follows the move until completion or it leaves the hit box from snapping out (this is how I assume it works.) This means connecting moves like D3's Uair offers some really solid control. You just need to have them snap out of the final frames of the attack which launches them, so they keep the fast fall momentum you gave them but never get truly knocked away from it.
(see Sheik Uair, Falco Fair, Kirby Dair, etc. as well)

This leads to potential chain grabs by:
Dthrow - short hop Uair + fast fall.
which puts the opponent back into grab position (unless it's Megaman or other floaty characters or quick reactions, this is no guarenteed chain,) which I first learned with Sheik, who I don't play, but it applies here as well lol.

but also something really devious as seen soon enough >:D

I have a capture card for the Wii U but I really felt like sharing this so I did the average Joe's "video the screen" routine. It's just short and fun and one more reason the true king of the float has always made me happy to play.

Just showcasing a fun moment I had in For Glory today, and sharing the information to anyone who doesn't know yet.

Last edited:

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Here's my problem- it doesn't really lead into anything besides spiking them off the stage.

I just fiddled around with it in the lab a bit and the CPUs, when they weren't set to level 1, worked their way out of the "chain" grab pretty easily. Dthrow into uair spike at the edge is pretty legit though, looks like it works around 30-65-ish % based on my short bit of testing but it can be a bit awkward to do with the 3DS controls.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Yeah this is definitely not going to work on a computer, or an aware human being sadly. But if you have thrown out 2-3
Dthrow > Nairs, or Dthrow > Fairs in the game, you could maybe get 1 mix up sneak chain in, or as you show on the platforms maybe an Utilt into another Nair if they weren't ready. It's definitely not like his Brawl infinite chain across the whole length of FD.

Props for the extra examples :D
A few of those set ups have linking potential for follow ups on humans if it was an out of pocket trick.

KeithTheGeek

Smash Ace
NNID
bkeith
3DS FC
5026-4475-8239
Hmm, yeah it could probably work as a mix-up. Can't help but think that the animation lasts long enough for them to try and buffer an option though.

But yeah, I can see how it would work out if they weren't aware of it. And there's not much they can do about it once you've brought them to the ledge.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
Na, end of day, you're right. The second you're twirling a hammer above you, if you know what's going on, inputs will be buffered. And soon enough all the tricks of the trade will just be common knowledge lol. Until then most people expect Uair to send high.
Just a cool option, and the on stage meteor is way too fun, just very situational.

Btw, we have the same mains for the most part. Ganon/D3 all day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom