• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D3's Awsome edge game

Vince

Smash Rookie
as far as i know, D3 has some of the best edge game. From being hit off the stage, he can come back with a variety of ways. 1st of all. with d3, there is no more normal jumps. i never just jump with D3. EVER!!!!!! as u all know u can air dodge multiple times in brawl. well with d3. you can air dodge up and over. it takes up one of he jumps nd has the range of a jump. so it basically you jumping with an 85%+ chance u wont get hit ! a great way to avoid off edge gamers or people with projectiles(ie: ness, lucas, falco, wolf, other d3 players. or even item matches) . once you have mastered air dodge jumping. there are a numerouse amounts of ways to get back on the ledge. the hardest of witch, while in the air. throw a waddle dee/doo to the edge and get it to land right on the edge of the map(thats the hard part) and u need to grab the ledge. then jump up from the ledge and as you do, press the atk button. you will grab the wallde dee/doo and throw it at anyone in the area. a great distraction to get you back up without being hit. the next ways are if your opponent is standing by the edge waying for you. they prolly figure that d3 cant be edge hogged so they will wait up top. grab onto the ledge. press backwards so you just kinda let go of the edge and do your u-air. anyone on the ledge with take some serious dmg and go flying. instead of u-air try letting go of the edge waiting about 1/4 a sec. and jusmping with the f-air. his hammer has good range and will go through the map a bit. clearing room for you to get back up. and my favorite way. when onthe edge and ur oponent is close. press backwards and slid ur analog stick to up and at the same time press attack. you will do instantly his b-air(this one takes people by surprise. or you could do the normal ways of getting up from the ledge. also you could jump straight up from the ledge into an instant air dodge. thats about 7 different ways of getting back to the stage. using them all in the game will keep ur opponent guessing and throwing thier game off.

more tips on D3 coming soon. including normal fighting using Air Dodge tactics. (great way to get under ur oponents skin ! :laugh:

~Vince

Rakushun

Smash Cadet
Why do so many people on this site type like that?

Whenever I try to type badly to mock somebody I have to actually think about it, I don't know how people do it naturally.

McBadass

Smash Rookie
DDD does have a great edge game, the strats are endless and he's basically a flying tank.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
Why do so many people on this site type like that?

Whenever I try to type badly to mock somebody I have to actually think about it, I don't know how people do it naturally.

elitist condescending jokes ftw...

(contribute)
yes, his edge game is one of the best if not best, as long as youre fluent with him

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
yes indeed, all he needs is a easy spike with good timing his u b is good but hard to time for most people and maybe if his air someone down insteed of up

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
Major tl;dr.

Just say Bair next time for a starter. Or just actual paragraphs

Top Bottom