• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D3 vs Quick Ranged Characters

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
I really love playing D3 because of his awesome CG and his incredible reach, but last weekend I ran into a great Falco... which was my doom. CG = no good, and his blaster kind of keeps me away. Plus Falcos fsmash is pretty deceiving too. Any strategies?

PinkPwnageFrenzy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PinkPwnageFrenzy
Ah, in my opinion this is a fun match, mostly because Falco is kind of a Dedede counter.

He has a CG, so watch out for it. Lucky for you, it only works up to 50%. CG -> Dair spike from a low percentage is a big possibility, so keep on your toes.

You're gonna want to use your Dthrow as a tech chase. If they roll away, you dash attack, if they roll towards you, Dtilt, if they stay where they are, Fsmash.

You want to keep a Waddle or two in between you and him to soak up some lasers, and I think Ftilt cancels lasers, so you can approach that.

I suppose it would be best to keep at around mid range, enough to Ftilt him, but not too far or else he'll laser spam you until you approach.

Those are just some general tips, some can be a bit risky, though, so test things out before you bring them to tourneys and the like.

Badjuju

Smash Apprentice
Yeah that CG of Falcos really messes me up. I'm so used to be the one chaingrabbing >.< lol. I really wish I could attack Falco in the air, but he always gets away from me using Falco Phantasm. I'll def use the tech chase advice. I've never done that before, but it sounds fun.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
Ah, in my opinion this is a fun match, mostly because Falco is kind of a Dedede counter.

He has a CG, so watch out for it. Lucky for you, it only works up to 50%. CG -> Dair spike from a low percentage is a big possibility, so keep on your toes.

You're gonna want to use your Dthrow as a tech chase. If they roll away, you dash attack, if they roll towards you, Dtilt, if they stay where they are, Fsmash.

You want to keep a Waddle or two in between you and him to soak up some lasers, and I think Ftilt cancels lasers, so you can approach that.

I suppose it would be best to keep at around mid range, enough to Ftilt him, but not too far or else he'll laser spam you until you approach.

Those are just some general tips, some can be a bit risky, though, so test things out before you bring them to tourneys and the like.
PPF is dead on...

tech chase...watch his cg...waddles for shields...

falco is kinda a ddd counter...difficult fight for sure

Sonic-Doo

Smash Rookie
PPF really is spot on, though I'd add that DDD's fthrow helps when you find yourself on the defensive, it creates the space needed to create some waddles for the shield effect though I'd use that at your own discretion as people I face tend to shy away from DDD grabs.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
Odd, Confusing Sage Advice (OCSA for short):

Be Unexpected, Offset Your Opponent. Expect When Your Opponents Will Be Surprised By The Unexpected, Except When They're Not.

Expect The Unexpected. Expect Your Opponents To Expect the Unexpected, Thus, Be Unexpected In An Expected Way. Or Expected In An Unexpected Way (Whichever works better).

EdSam

Smash Cadet
These are just some of the many options you have with Dthrow as a chase move.
If they roll away you can also chase -> regrab
If they roll toward you, you can also regrab, Dsmash, jab, or maybe even inhale :)
And if they tech or get up in place you can also Ftilt or sometimes regrab

GhettoSheep

Smash Journeyman
Against falco you really need to abuse your ftilt. Its got the perfect range to hit falco while keeping him out of laser spam range AND fsmash range. Also, if you need to approach powershield the lasers. roll or throw out some of your minions to absorb them. Those are just a few of his many approaches. Remember your ridiculous number of jumps. He's also really easy to gimp so if he goes off the edge make sure he stays there

Tokerella

Smash Apprentice

You want to keep a Waddle or two in between you and him to soak up some lasers.
Against falco you really need to abuse your ftilt.
qft.

falcos got hops, but play the ledges

Top Bottom