• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D3 Users That Have Played Against Snake, I Have Some Questions.

maelstrom99

Smash Apprentice
First off, I'd like to address that I am a Kirby main at the moment and I've come to the realization that he just isn't good against Snake. You have a very light and pink monster with very limited approach options against snake's nades and beastly tilts.

I was thinking of trying out D3 since I used to main him prior to Kirby, however, there was this strategy that I thought of using that probably a lot of you have tried against Snake, but does it really work? here goes:

I haven't tried this out yet, but I will soon, but I wanna see if anyone else has done it that has played against Snake. Basically, camp Snake with the waddle-dees so he approaches you then go for a grab, then try to chaingrab him across the stage until you either fthrow or dthrow + dtilt him off the stage. Once he's off, he's gonna try to jump, so you have to try to gimp his jump with either a dtilt or ftilt. Once his jump is used, he's gonna try to upB, then you can catch him while doing it so that he just falls to his doom.

In the event, that he expects you to gimp his jump and upB's immediately so that his upB isnt near the ledge OR you gimp his jump far enough that he can still upB without being in grab range, you can pressure him with fairs or bairs or anything to make sure he doesn't come back so he has to keep reusing his upB, thus racking up damage.

Do any of these two options really work? In theory, it looks like it will, but when actually playing, is it doable? Please discuss. Thanks ^.^

FlashGearz

Smash Apprentice
Don't camp him, he's going to set up and combo you hard when he decides to stop throwiing nades and the homing missle. A good idea is to just keep using your F-tilt to keep your spacing on him. iirc it out ranges all of his attacks other then his dash, and maybe his f-tilt second hit.

Once you get him off the stage, that where the fun begins. Fairs and bairs are going to kill him at a reasonable percent. When he up+bs back to the stage. Chase him and then Up smash his ***. I think( not sure) that it out hits his dair, and nair. Then back air him off the stage again. Your aerial game easily beats his. Force him to challange his air game. Eventually your going kill him

Nicktendo

Smash Ace
This matchup is hard. I hate playing Snake with Dedede. I use DK because DK has an easier time and actually has an edge on Snake.

maelstrom99

Smash Apprentice
how come D3 has a disadvantage and DK doesn't? sorry, I just want specifics cuz I have a hard time against Snake.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
yea Dk is good against snake.

acutally donkey freaking kong is insanely good in this game WTF lolol

DONT camp snake because snakes camp game > yours xD

chaingrab>fthrow>bair, fair

gimp his UP b with ur grab and just let him fall

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
dont camp...

gimp his recovery if possible

CG

play an offensive aerial game...

alexrooster

Smash Cadet
Approach with f-tilt and SHed b-airs then grab at close range, and once he's in the air/off the stage you can basically impose your will.

Top Bottom