• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D2K's opinion on Snake.

Doodle2000

Smash Cadet
The idea of Snake in my opinion from playing him a whole weekend is that you dont need to space and use explosives, first of all i have to tell you, Snakes u-tilt is overbuffish!

Snake's u-tilt is one of his best attacks in melee form, first of all its like a Sheik tilt (means its very fast) and the second thing about it is that it has many hbf (hit box frames) so you will almost never miss. The third thing is that it blocks incoming attacks and hits first.

It's most usable while tech chasing if you get the chanse to do it, afterwards u choose your own combo but u-tilt is a very good start of a Snake combo.

His f-tilt is like a jab combo but a bit shorter and stronger, pretty useful to knock ur oponent a bit away from you to give you space enough to plan your next move.

Down tilt, i never had the chanse to test this out but i belive it gives a short knockback to let you continue maybe with a f-smash.

His front-B is very weird, when you move around the rocket it slows down and it only speed up when it goes in one direction. I had trouble with this in the begining and then used it more and more.

His bair is really great, and his fair is a spike, and his nair has 3 kick hits even in short hop. His uair is like a normal kick up in the air with a great hit for up combos. His dair kicks downwards in the air 3 times but i dont think it spikes...

Dash attack is the most unsuspected attack, use it to suprise and finish off with something sweet.

Ask me anything about Snake and ill try to answer the best i can, i have got some Snake experiences.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Can his projectiles be destroyed by sword wielders?

Edit: or Dedede's hammer for that matter.

VU!?

Smash Cadet
If you mean grenades, they explode if you attack them. If you mean the nikita missile, I think sword attacks only change the missile's direction (I'm not sure since no ones ever tried hittng it).

Ok just confirmed that if you hit nikita missile with a sword it can change the direction of the projectile.

A New Challenger

Smash Apprentice
If you cancel a missile hit by a sword user immediately as they hit it, it falls right in front of them and hits anyway, or forces them to move or shield, which you can then exploit.

Played all day yesterday against my friend who is maining Ike.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Downtilt is a kill move at ~130%. It sends them straight up.

Nair and dair are like the worst aerials ever so far. If the nair doesn't get out all 4 kicks, the knockback is so low that the other guy can just do whatever he wants and hit you. Forget short-hopping it. The dair is pretty much the same way.

The bair makes up for it by totally rocking.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
The idea of Snake in my opinion from playing him a whole weekend is that you dont need to space and use explosives, first of all i have to tell you, Snakes u-tilt is overbuffish!

Snake's u-tilt is one of his best attacks in melee form, first of all its like a Sheik tilt (means its very fast) and the second thing about it is that it has many hbf (hit box frames) so you will almost never miss. The third thing is that it blocks incoming attacks and hits first.

It's most usable while tech chasing if you get the chanse to do it, afterwards u choose your own combo but u-tilt is a very good start of a Snake combo.

His f-tilt is like a jab combo but a bit shorter and stronger, pretty useful to knock ur oponent a bit away from you to give you space enough to plan your next move.

Down tilt, i never had the chanse to test this out but i belive it gives a short knockback to let you continue maybe with a f-smash.

His front-B is very weird, when you move around the rocket it slows down and it only speed up when it goes in one direction. I had trouble with this in the begining and then used it more and more.

His bair is really great, and his fair is a spike, and his nair has 3 kick hits even in short hop. His uair is like a normal kick up in the air with a great hit for up combos. His dair kicks downwards in the air 3 times but i dont think it spikes...

Dash attack is the most unsuspected attack, use it to suprise and finish off with something sweet.

Ask me anything about Snake and ill try to answer the best i can, i have got some Snake experiences.
The side b or his Nikita doesnt move fast when moved around because that is how it is used in the Metal Gear series. I wanna know more about his aerials though. How useful are they? Some of the videos ive seen look somewhat "clumsy". Any info would be great.

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
The side b or his Nikita doesnt move fast when moved around because that is how it is used in the Metal Gear series. I wanna know more about his aerials though. How useful are they? Some of the videos ive seen look somewhat "clumsy". Any info would be great.
I use bair and uair almost exclusively. Nair can't approach people on the ground, and in the air it's a better idea to be facing the other way and bair since it has more range and knockback. Dair is really hard to hit with and doesn't seem that good. For both of them, you have to connect with 3 or 4 hits before he does a kick with actual knockback.

Fair seems like it could be good, but again, you can't approach people on the ground with it because of landing lag, and in the air bair would probably be better. Sometimes I find uses for it, but it's hard to explain exactly what the right situation is.

Yeah, Snake's air game is pretty bad.

VU!?

Smash Cadet
Snakes running tackle has pretty decent knockback, thought not enough to KO someone I think... Snake's Fair is pretty slow so it's kinda hard to spike some one. His Dair is terrible, like Parthenon said you have to hit all of them for any knockback and worst part is when you land you seem to be a immobile for a second, leaving you vulnerable to attack.

SK8orDIE

Smash Apprentice
Snake's kill moves:
AAA
dash attack (at <120% if I remember correctly)
f-tilt (second hit)
d-tilt
u-tilt
fair (spike)
bair
uair
nair (4th hit only)
dair (4th hit only)
d-smash
f-smash
u-smash
neutral-b
forward-b
down-b

Snake's non-kill moves:
recovery attack (A when rising)
up-b (although you can attack out of this, of course)

So what have we learned today?

(This list is floating around somewhere, but I couldn't find it to quote)

Thanks for the update, Yatta Dante.

Top Bottom