• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw to fair never seems to work.

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
noticed something similar

the changelog doesn't say anything about changes to d- throw but it was possible it was changed without mention. Try following up faster.

Mainly i just noticed that because of the changes to Fair, D-throw > Fair sometimes results in an un wanted meteor.

Last edited:

Tomaster

Smash Journeyman
noticed something similar

the changelog doesn't say anything about changes to d- throw but it was possible it was changed without mention. Try following up faster.

Mainly i just noticed that because of the changes to Fair, D-throw > Fair sometimes results in an un wanted meteor.
Im not sure about that but it never worked for Me in 3.5 either, only against CPUs.

AssTAStic_ACA

Smash Apprentice
if it didn't work for you in 3.5 then i would say the problem is definitely how you follow up. again try following up faster.

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I'll have to lab it and check this out for myself. I have noticed that it seems to be more difficult to follow up, but down tilt still leads to followups almost everytime (depending on character and percentage)

Down tilt should knock just about any character airborne at around 35-50 percent. Though be careful, because if you do it too much people will crouch cancel it, and then it does nothing even if they are at 100%. If that happens then you can try some fireball zoning to make them stand up and you can come in with jab pressure. The first and second hits of jab can connect into all tilts, plus grab. Im honestly pretty sure that Mario has d-tilt to fair combos on every character in the roster, so use that to your advantage for kills and other setups. Down tilt goes into nair, which I find useful to set up ledgeguarding opportunities, which usually involve hitting them with fireballs to get them to continuously drop farther down from the stage. At that point you can guard with dmash and fsmash, nair and fair with proper spacing, and cape of course.

Down throw works well at very low percents because it almost always follows up into upsmash, and then possibly another upsmash or uptilt, nair, fair, or upair. I think that fastfallers have dthrow - upsmash - dsmash combos which deal a lot of percent and can be done at close to 0.

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
It was probably because throw release points were changed in 3.6, so just try to input the jump and fair input as quickly as you can.

Lawn Chair

Smash Journeyman
You just have to follow up faster. Its kinda like fast reaction with a tad bit of prediction

Top Bottom