• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D throw to back air

Status
Not open for further replies.

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
Im sure everyone here after D throw uses Upsmash or nair...but i was testing the best option kills or just the best attack at high%

ON characters like c.falcon(heavy)
D throw--> Run turn jump Bair, this is a true combo and it works after 30% to 83% even can kill near the edge.

ON characters like ness(middleweight)
The same combo but with a maximum of 63-66%

ON characters like kirby(light)
Same combo but at 56-60%, max

ON super heavys like bowser, ddd lol it works 88-93%

And D throw after 100% to aprox 200% u can just full hop and shot a laser! Or 3 haha It ever hits;3 lol a true combos

Something good too. ..at 0% if u d throw a fast fall char or heavy and they dont jump or tech shot. 3 láser to laser lock him then Run grab and feel free to follow up with another attackc:

If someone before posts it im sorry if.not...try it and máster it!

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Nice. I'm not sure if someone already found this out or if people just do it and don't realize or mention it.

We have a thread dedicated to finding out combos and approaches with Falco: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-approaches-and-combos-strings.372417/.

After looking into it, someone did mention a similar thing, but I don't think too much was talked about it. So, feel free to share your findings and expand on it. This is from the third page of the thread I linked above.
Didnt read much anything on the page before, but did anyone find D-throw > RAR SHFF BAir > SHFF BAir > Regrab? Ive been doing this recently, and it seems like the best (most consistent) combo from Dthrow.

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
Nice. I'm not sure if someone already found this out or if people just do it and don't realize or mention it.

We have a thread dedicated to finding out combos and approaches with Falco: http://smashboards.com/threads/falco-approaches-and-combos-strings.372417/.

After looking into it, someone did mention a similar thing, but I don't think too much was talked about it. So, feel free to share your findings and expand on it. This is from the third page of the thread I linked above.
Thanks! And thats not a true combo it.can be punished :3

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Thanks! And thats not a true combo it.can be punished :3
Yeah, @ Zionaze Zionaze said it was situational and dependent on the opponent's DI, but nothing else was said about using D-throw to combo into Bair after that. Funny, I was thinking today about how Falco's Bair would work as a sex kick like Luigi's Nair.

Well, I hope the others see this.

Last edited:

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694
Yeah, @ Zionaze Zionaze said it was situational and dependent on the opponent's DI, but nothing else was said about using D-throw to combo into Bair after that. Funny, I was thinkning today about how Falco's Bair would work as a sex kick like Luigi's Nair.

Well, I hope the others see this.
Yeah! Tomorrow maybe the smashers read it :) and its very sexy..and powerful that kick make falco to be respected

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah since we're at it, at certain percentages you can try to follow up with a shine at around 30% after landing your bair

Zionaze

Smash Ace
so i decided to go to a large scale tournament yesterday and had a bunch of friendlies to see if my falco was even viable or not and i found myself being able to approach easily with a reverse B-air and combo extremely efficiently with D-throw. People behind me were impressed that falco still had game going even after his nerfs.

Honestly tho am I the only one who thinks Falco's B-air is the best in the game? so fast, so strong, so no lag. I think its perfect!

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Considering a lot of people use sex kick Nairs to get out of stuff like Yoshi's Nair, I wonder if that's possible with Falco's Bair.

Anyway, I'm going to start a data-mine thread where I go a bit more in-depth with Falco's moves like what frames his moves comes out, hitboxes, etc. It's going to be an ongoing project that I hopefully will finish. There was a thread on this that was pretty much buried, but if you want to continue discussing stuff, go right ahead: http://smashboards.com/threads/personally-i-prefer-the-ground-info-on-falcos-standard-moves.373382/.

I might lock my thread until everything's setup which is why I linked the older thread. I'm gonna see if I can start a revival with Falco's boards.

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
so i decided to go to a large scale tournament yesterday and had a bunch of friendlies to see if my falco was even viable or not and i found myself being able to approach easily with a reverse B-air and combo extremely efficiently with D-throw. People behind me were impressed that falco still had game going even after his nerfs.

Honestly tho am I the only one who thinks Falco's B-air is the best in the game? so fast, so strong, so no lag. I think its perfect!
It really is his best move, so fast, and that sweet spot though.
I've gotten so consistent at landing it.
I'm staring to use it as a spacing tool against the floaties like Jiggs, taking a page from HBox's book. It has so many uses.

Primer TMT

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Carlosva
3DS FC
4940-5763-3694

Well i think that too the best bair this smash..but i think is even with ganon bair

Snipnigth

Smash Journeyman
Considering a lot of people use sex kick Nairs to get out of stuff like Yoshi's Nair, I wonder if that's possible with Falco's Bair.

Anyway, I'm going to start a data-mine thread where I go a bit more in-depth with Falco's moves like what frames his moves comes out, hitboxes, etc. It's going to be an ongoing project that I hopefully will finish. There was a thread on this that was pretty much buried, but if you want to continue discussing stuff, go right ahead: http://smashboards.com/threads/personally-i-prefer-the-ground-info-on-falcos-standard-moves.373382/.

I might lock my thread until everything's setup which is why I linked the older thread. I'm gonna see if I can start a revival with Falco's boards.
I bet it can work as a sex kick but its just for a short time and it dosent have as much of a hitbox as other sex kicks so it will only be able to hit enemies in front of the chicken legg i think....

NotAnAdmin

Smash Journeyman
It can be used, like Capt's nair, however, it requires a ton more inputs to SHFF it in my opinion.
Bair is his go to move when short hopping, outside of his up-air, puts a nice strong hitbox right in front of him.

I have been using the bair as an option to recover off the ledge.
Ledge grab>drop down>jump>bair too, it seems like it has a hitbox right in the middle of Falco's body, this really makes me want a hitbox mode like PM, just to see exactly what I'm doing and if it's the sweet spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom