• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-Throw Techchasing

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
Just had a couple of quick question in regards to tech chasing with down throw:

1) What is the frame advtange on down throw? I.e. on what frame can the opponent act if they do each of their techs, and on what frame can I act?

and related:

2) Can I get a guaranteed follow up if I read their tech, or is it a 50-50 afterwards? I.e. if I read that they are gonna tech in place, and they do, can I get anything guaranteed? Or do I just have to predict whether or not they shield immediately or do some other option?

Kycse

Smash Cadet
NNID
Nin-Kycse
If you read their tech, you can get a follow - up, even back into throw. Other follow ups include jab DSmashon tech, jab on no tech, Fsmash Bair Dair on techroll through, Jab Ftilt Fair Dsmash on tech away. These are guaranteed on most characters tech rolls. You lose some options on characters with really good tech rolls like Mewtwo, but re-grab is guaranteed on all characters if you read the roll

JOE!

Smash Hero
There is a 22 frame delay between when the opponent is thrown/hitbox ends and when Zard can act. Standing from a "teched" situation is 30 frames, rolling is 37 frames, and attack is 50. So, you have an 8/15/27 frame advantage depending on their option / your read.

Numbers for the tech options are IIRC

DrLobster

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DrLobster
3DS FC
4699-5880-7408
There is a 22 frame delay between when the opponent is thrown/hitbox ends and when Zard can act. Standing from a "teched" situation is 30 frames, rolling is 37 frames, and attack is 50. So, you have an 8/15/27 frame advantage depending on their option / your read.

Numbers for the tech options are IIRC
Okay, word. That's more of what I was looking for; thanks!

EZえん

Smash Apprentice
You can actually jump over some character's getup attacks with the short jump animation of dsmash. Its extremely satisfying charging a dsmash and then jumping over their getup attack with it

JOE!

Smash Hero
You can actually jump over some character's getup attacks with the short jump animation of dsmash. Its extremely satisfying charging a dsmash and then jumping over their getup attack with it
This could be really fun to lab out actually....

Top Bottom