• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cute Kirby combo on low% opponents.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Kirby's up tilt has quite a bit of stun to it for such a low-lag attack. You can actually jump up past the opponent before they can truly recover from the hit stun. At 0%, this move can actually combo once or twice before they'll dodge out of it, right?

Well, I was playing around in training mode when I found this: after the first or second Utilt, you can actually jump and footstool jump off the opponent's head, then follow up with Rock attack.

If you footstool off someone who's in the air so they fall onto the ground, they can't tech out of it. This means that your rock will hit and the whole combo deals a nice 27%, which is a good way to start the match if you can pull it off.

Try it in training mode at 1/4 the speed. It's pretty fun to look at.

Jester Kirby

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JesterKirby
sounds good, I'l definitly try it, did you down throw first or just start attacking with uptilts?

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
It's a pretty good new function or abuse to the new techniques in Brawl. I personally prefer Down Throw to Up Tilt to another grab for faster falls or F-Throw to Hammer (32%ish damage?). But these combos don't work on all characters. Maybe... the hammer would work...

Delta Z

Smash Journeyman
Hmm...a Reaper Combo variation? I need to work on this...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Eww, I tested this out a bit more, and it seems that Kirby just can't jump up fast enough to get off the footstool without the opponent being able to jump and footstool Kirby first!

So until I find a work-around, this combo is debunked.

Top Bottom