• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Stages in Tournaments?

SuperDuperDodo

Smash Rookie
Of course. You can create a great amount of good and fair tournament stages in minutes with the Stage Builder, that is what I like about it. Of course, having too many stages in one tournament might cause confusion, gives too little time to players to prepare, etc, so I think it is important to make a small selection of stages legal for that tournament.

Some tournament hosts will (either intended or not intended) pick a set of stages that are unfair, so it would always be very important to have peer review for the stage list before the tournament (by a group of high level players with a variety of characters).

I think it only adds more depth to tournaments, as you now have to consider the stages before you decide to participate: Do you like them?

Best regards,
SuperDuperDodo

Top Bottom