• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

custom stage during wifi?

Pikaluver

Smash Cadet
Ok, so I was begining a match on wifi and out of nowhere a custom stage of mine pops up. I ddo not know how this happened. I've never 'hacked' on my game system.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Did it immediately desynch? An opponent of yours could have hacked to play on a custom stage. What this will do is cause all players to see the last custom stage they played on as the stage they're on, and of course this is likely to be different for everyone so the result is likely to be ugly (if you haven't played on any since turning the game on, I think it just locks up).

Since on WiFi you never know what your opponent is doing, you never know what might happen. There is barely any security when it comes to one player causing interesting effects for everyone via hacking.

Top Bottom