• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom skins and music in 3.6

PD | Lewd

Smash Apprentice
I've got a metric ton of custom skins and music in my PM, so when the new update cocomes out for 3.6 Will the skins that are currently available from brawl vault work in the new version? Will I have to wait for them to modify the skins to work in the new version? I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this I just thought this was the most "general" thread.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
If the skin works now, it'll work later.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
You will have to re-add your CSPs though. They are no longer in the common5.pac.

darklink1996

Smash Rookie
If the skin works now, it'll work later.
If they add any more easter egg taunts that might not be true, remember, there is still a file size limit, and a lot of Link's cooler custom skins were rendered unplayable in PM due to the Ocarina taunt.

Star ☆

No Problem!
NNID
Autumnflow
If the CSPs were moved out of Common5, does that mean the file size limit is now ignored and the CSP resolution is now back to (or above) Brawl standards? That would be awesome!

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
ooooh interesting.
are they in a separate file that makes swapping them out super easy?

plzyes
Yo what?

Edit: By which I mean what sorcery did the coders do now?
You know how the common5 contained smaller .brres files like sc_selcharacter and sc_selmap? They were just separated into individual files. Why? Idk, something to do with the ASL. However, it doesn't really help with filesize stuff regarding the CSS. I've tried using SJS's CSPs as C18 compression, but it froze after adding it to 6 characters. So we are still stuck with ugly CMPR compression for CSPs.

PsychoGhost

Smash Apprentice
You know how the common5 contained smaller .brres files like sc_selcharacter and sc_selmap? They were just separated into individual files. Why? Idk, something to do with the ASL. However, it doesn't really help with filesize stuff regarding the CSS. I've tried using SJS's CSPs as C18 compression, but it froze after adding it to 6 characters. So we are still stuck with ugly CMPR compression for CSPs.
Is this one of the reasons for 3.6's delay? I'm very curious because that conversion sounds like a giant headache.

Narpas_sword

I'm willing to bet that based on what nano said, "They were just separated into individual files. Why? Idk, something to do with the ASL" That this is actually a solution to an unexpected obstacle, rather than an obstacle.

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
Is this one of the reasons for 3.6's delay? I'm very curious because that conversion sounds like a giant headache.
Nope, the unexpected delay is more complicated. The common5 separation caused no problems whatsoever. It actually used to be separated like that back in the day when Riivolution was used more.

GFooChombey

Smash Ace
NNID
GFooChombey
However, it doesn't really help with filesize stuff regarding the CSS.
That's really strange. I've thought about trying to split it on my own when doing some customizing. I figured it would help the file size.

Top Bottom