• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom sfx issues

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I tried replacing a few of Peach's sfx (her battle entrance, some taunts, a few attack sounds, etc) and the game keeps freezing when I play as her. I thought it was because the sound files were too big but as far as I can tell they're smaller than the announcer clips that I replaced (and those do work).

It's 16.4 KB and 176 kbps as compared to the announcer's 28.9 KB and 192 kbps. Is there anything else I should check to try and fix it?

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If you're using Super Sawndz, it sometimes corrupts the output file. Try exporting the sawnd file again (a working file for Peach should be ~600 KB).

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I tried re-saving it and it still crashes the game. The filesize is 619 KB, is that too big? And if it is is there any way I could shrink it?

(BTW I am using Super Sawndz and I'm saving her sfx file as "23")

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
If the section is highlighted in red in Super Sawndz, it's too big. Not sure if there's any way to shrink it, other than maybe downgrading the quality of the file being inserted.

If you're still having problems, the easiest way to check is to start fresh, and insert your modifications one-by-one until you find the culprit.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
I just ripped a brand-new sawnd file from a new brsar and inserted without making any modifications to it (so it has all of her default sfx) and the game still crashes, am I saving the file wrong? I have "Peach (7A097)" highlighted when I save it and I name it "23", is there anything else that I could be doing wrong? I replaced the announcer sfx just fine doing the same process.

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Gah this problem is bigger than I thought :s I might just try to find a working sfx pack and edit it from there, thanks for the help though!

Last edited:
Top Bottom