• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Painted GC Controller!!!

-!-

Smash Lord
Camouflage GC Controller

I've been having this broken GC controller laying on the floor for months now and I figured... It's time to make you useful XD

I've always been wanting to paint another controller, and I just had to do Camouflage :laugh: anyways here's the progress so far. Gotta say it's looking good, and I noticed the things I can do better on for my final project :)

Front: (You can probably tell the small pieces of glue left behind through out the controller :(

Front II: (Not much glue here :) )

Back: (darn Glue)

Only complain is that I hate the glue that got stuck to the controller :( I'm wondering if I should put the gloss or not o.O I prob should... anyways all this work is experimental for the controller that does work, and of course when I paint that... should look way better then this one XD

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
It looks like regular spray paint.

not saying it's bad or anything, just it chemically eats down the plastic. it will probably wear off in due time though. I've painted 2 controllers myself with vinyl dye, fusion spray paint for plastic. needless the say, vinyl dye works the best. it dyes the plastic and gives it a nice smooth sandy feel.

I still owe Galeon a controller. And recently I've acquired 2 controllers. :p

so Galeon...Don't worry, I'm just too broke for new paint. :D

-!-

Smash Lord

not saying it's bad or anything, just it chemically eats down the plastic. it will probably wear off in due time though. I've painted 2 controllers myself with vinyl dye, fusion spray paint for plastic. needless the say, vinyl dye works the best. it dyes the plastic and gives it a nice smooth sandy feel.

well yea it's just spray paint, I still have my first painted controller from two years back and it still looks good... I put some gloss to protect the paint. but yea even though it gets eaten down... by then you wont really have use for it XD so it doesn't really matters... all I care for is a Nice look for a couple years or so :)

plus I go through controllers quite fast so it works good for me :b

NickRiddle

#negativeNick

How much is paint? I wouldn't mind a custom controller.

-!-

Smash Lord

-!-

Smash Lord
3-5$ is right for what mix said, but the vinyl dye which i preferr is 8 bucks a can :(

and eeeeeeeeh. the colors are limited, but there are other brands.
~_~_~_~
I should try that Vinyl dye cans, do they have some dark green??? a cool green XD

Rayku

Smash Lord
I should try that Vinyl dye cans, do they have some dark green??? a cool green XD
I actually painted a dark green controller myself that I'm selling to someone I go to school with.

You should advertise this around your local area. I'm sure you could make a killing off painting 360/PS3 controllers as well.

-!-

Smash Lord
I actually painted a dark green controller myself that I'm selling to someone I go to school with.

You should advertise this around your local area. I'm sure you could make a killing off painting 360/PS3 controllers as well.
that's a good idea :) could make some extra cash

Top Bottom