• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Music/Stages not working, custom characters and menus are

Dr. Wario

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm trying to replace stages in Brawl (specifically WarioWare and Final Destination). I've added the files in /pf/stage/melee, but whenever I load them the game freezes and I get an annoying buzz. This also happens when I try loading a level where I've put custom music. The music works fine in My Music but it'll freeze the game if you try and load the level it's in.

On top of that, I deleted the files for the custom stages in the /pf/stage/melee folder and the two levels I tried replaced still freeze the game. The map selection also freezes if you delay too long (as in, less than five seconds). Despite there being no files in the /pf/stage/melee folder, these levels still freeze inexplicably.

On top of THAT, I've replaced four character textures and the main menu of the game perfectly fine and the game runs as it should when I load those. I don't think I've done anything differently between replacing menus/characters and replacing songs/stages. I really don't know what's going on. Is there anything extra I need to add/delete to make it work, or at least to stop the freezing on the map selection/maps that formerly had edited stages?

I'm doing the SmashStack with Gecko method, if that helps. Thanks!

EDIT: It seems the custom maps work if you go to "random stages" in rules and only turn the specific one on, but not on the stage select screen.

Top Bottom