• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Music Issues

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
I tried replacing some songs but some of them aren't working properly. On the stages Green Greens and Fountain of Dreams, the song stops playing and a different song plays instead with static in the background.

For example, on Green Greens when the match starts the custom music works fine but after a minute or so it changes to a song from Yoshi's Island, I'm not sure which one. However, it eventually goes back to playing the original song again. This has happened consistently on the Green Greens and Fountain of Dreams but not on any other stages.

Any ideas as to why this is happening? Thanks.

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
weird, usually it's a defrag issue when the music does that.
Did you do a full format? (uncheck quick format)
is the SD card in FAT (or FAT32)?
I did do a full format and the SD card is in FAT. I did it again just to be sure but the problem is still persisting.

Narpas_sword

Hmm, does it do it with the default PM build, or just when you add music yourself?

edit// just re read OP, what slot is green greens on? that's a custom stage, right?

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
edit// just re read OP, what slot is green greens on? that's a custom stage, right?
I think OP might be referring to dreamland.

What size is your sd card, Minimum?

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, does it do it with the default PM build, or just when you add music yourself?

Project M Dreamland is a replacement for Brawl Green Greens. It only happens when I add in the music myself, otherwise its fine.

I think OP might be referring to dreamland.

What size is your sd card, Minimum?
2 Gigabytes

Indefinite Minimum

Smash Journeyman
yea, sorry, i get mixed up between what was already in brawl >_>

are you able to try a different SD card?

how are you adding the music?
I am adding the .brstm files into the strm folder and they are named correctly. I do have access to another SD card if you think I should try it.

After adding all of your files, how much space is left on the card? Sometimes these issues arise from low memory space.
There is plenty of space left. I'm not adding too much.

Top Bottom