• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom music distortion in PM

tehfeels

Smash Rookie
I recently started modding PM and everything works fine with the exception of music. Once I replace a song I go in game and the song is not replaced. It is a sped up and distorted version of the song I tried replacing. I am using the sd.raw method to play pm in Dolphin. I took the .raw file to my friend and we tested it on his computer and it works fine. But it will not work on my computer.

Narpas_sword

When you add custom music, don't replace songs. delete the old one then add the new.

Pop the SD into your PC
Drag the Project M folder off the SD card onto your desktop.
Drag it back on.

Should fix the problem.

tehfeels

Smash Rookie
When you add custom music, don't replace songs. delete the old one then add the new.

Pop the SD into your PC
Drag the Project M folder off the SD card onto your desktop.
Drag it back on.

Should fix the problem.
I'm not using an actual SD. I'm using the virtual sd method. The 'sd card' is just a raw file that my emulator thinks is an sd. And the original songs can't be deleted because they don't show up in the music files in pm. They are part of the brawl iso. You have to replace them by giving them the same file name that the original song has in the brawl iso. I have tried removing the pm files from sd.raw and putting them back on but that didn't work. The wierdest part is that the music will work if I turn off my pc, let it sit for a few minutes, turn it back on. However it will only work the first time I open Dolphin. If I close and reopen it, the replaced music does not work.

tehfeels

Smash Rookie
uhg sorry, probably only read half the OP before replying, it's like the number 1 issue around here.

Set your hooktype to VBI
It has been set to VBI. I have seen a lot of people with these issues and they all solve the problem but none of the methods I have found have worked for me.

tehfeels

Smash Rookie
I still want to fix this issue but now I'm having a worse issue where playing recently replaced music gives me 2 invalid read errors and plays the original music. This just started today and it only happens with music I replaced ths evening. Music I replaced earlier today and yesterday does not give me errors and works if I restart the pc.

Top Bottom