• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom moves

2k6

Smash Cadet
About the custom moves he is really viable now (for me, just an opinion) I just unlocked all of them for 5 hours its really worth it. Ive been using him against my friends using the original moves (no items, 1v1) and Its so hard to K.O I even lose a lot of times but with the new custom moves I can damage them a lot just by throwing the pikmins to them. They deal alot of damage and they are so hard to be killed and removed, they can even block the projectiles without dieing. He said that he is so irritated on the pikmins lol. I'm going to use him on our underground tournaments in my country.

So about the peeps who main Olimar/Alph how do you use him? and what do you think about olimar new custom moves?

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
Right now I'm pretty content with just his default moves. I tried out the custom move where it makes all the Pikmin like purples when you toss him, but I didn't like how it got rid of his camp game. So far from what I've seen the defaults seem best to me. More testing could be done though.

2k6

Smash Cadet
Right now I'm pretty content with just his default moves. I tried out the custom move where it makes all the Pikmin like purples when you toss him, but I didn't like how it got rid of his camp game. So far from what I've seen the defaults seem best to me. More testing could be done though.
I forgot the put to custom moves that I'm currently using.
Neutral 2. Hardy Pikmin Pluck
Why I'm using this is because it gives them so much health that I can spam the Sticky Pikmin Throw, it makes them so much hard to kill like 5-8 hits? I don't know exactly but they can block projectiles too (small ones). Maybe I just find it hard to deal more damage with the normal one. The bad thing about this is that it takes so much delay when plucking them up so I go take far distance from the enemy when plucking.

Side 2. Sticky Pikmin Throw
It kinda deal less damage but its harder to shake off. This one is so good that when I got the white one it deals like 2-3 damage per sec. This helps me a lot because after throwing this they always try to kill/remove the Pikmins thus giving me the chance to be safely aggressive while being campy then using the purple Pikmin to K.O at high%.

Up 3. Mighty Winged Pikmin
I find this one more safer than the normal one because I can still fly farther while having more Pikmins with me.

Down 1. Pikmin Order
I tried the 2nd and 3rd one but it doesn't fit well. This one is more comfortable since I spam the Pikmins which is hard to be killed so I can just call them back faster and safer without less delay (unlike the other 2 custom moves which has a lot of delays), then do the smashing after they have high %

I've been using the normal moves for many times For Glory or scrims with my friends but I always get punished easily when playing aggressively. Maybe because I just suck with it so I tried this and its really doing well while playing aggressive giving me a lot of wins playing with my friends. (I'm not good at English, its not my mother tongue but I hope you understand what I explained)

Edit: I used the default one being fully campy too for many times but still sucking with it lol

Last edited:

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
I forgot the put to custom moves that I'm currently using.
Neutral 2. Hardy Pikmin Pluck
Why I'm using this is because it gives them so much health that I can spam the Sticky Pikmin Throw, it makes them so much hard to kill like 6-8 hits? I don't know exactly. Maybe I just find it hard to deal more damage with the normal one. The bad thing about this is that it takes so much delay when plucking them up so I go take far distance from the enemy when plucking.

Side 2. Sticky Pikmin Throw
It kinda deal less damage but its harder to shake off. This one is so good that when I got the white one it deals like 2-3 damage per sec. This helps me a lot because after throwing this they always try to kill/remove the pikmins thus giving me the chance to be safely aggressive using the purple Pikmin.

Up 3. Mighty Winged Pikmin
I find this one more safer than the normal one because I can still fly farther while having more pikmins with me.

Down 1. Pikmin Order
I tried the 2nd and 3rd one but it doesn't fit well. This one is more comfortable since I spam the Pikmins which is hard to be killed so I can just call them back faster and safer without less delay (unlike the other 2 custom moves which has a lot of delays), then do the smashing after they have high %

I've been using the normal moves for many times For Glory or scrims with my friends but I always get punished easily when playing aggressively. Maybe because I just suck with it so I tried this and its really doing well while playing aggressive giving me a lot of wins playing with my friends. (I'm not good at English, its not my mother tounge but I hope you understand what I explained)
I understand what you are going for with the custom moves. For the neutral special I prefer the standard one, because I'm not to worried about Pikmin. I just want to get them out as fast as possible. For the side special I'm not to worried about having them stay on there a super long time. If they opponent does try to get them off I can just throw another on there, or use the opportunity to approach them. The up special is one I though about, but I don't mind having to get rid of some of the Pikmin considering just one is usually fine for landing. Once I've landed I can pluck more. The down special is something I find very important. The custom down specials have increased lag on them I believe, and since I use whistle for the super armor/pikmin recovery only it doesn't make since for me to change them.

If you are having trouble racking up damage with just the standard specials try running away and throwing the Pikmin. Once your opponent starts to approach, you can shield his attack and then punish. Alternately you could throw out a fsmash if they blindly run in, or try to grab them if they don't throw out an attack at the right time.

2k6

Smash Cadet
I understand what you are going for with the custom moves. For the neutral special I prefer the standard one, because I'm not to worried about Pikmin. I just want to get them out as fast as possible. For the side special I'm not to worried about having them stay on there a super long time. If they opponent does try to get them off I can just throw another on there, or use the opportunity to approach them. The up special is one I though about, but I don't mind having to get rid of some of the Pikmin considering just one is usually fine for landing. Once I've landed I can pluck more. The down special is something I find very important. The custom down specials have increased lag on them I believe, and since I use whistle for the super armor/pikmin recovery only it doesn't make since for me to change them.

If you are having trouble racking up damage with just the standard specials try running away and throwing the Pikmin. Once your opponent starts to approach, you can shield his attack and then punish. Alternately you could throw out a fsmash if they blindly run in, or try to grab them if they don't throw out an attack at the right time.
That's my big problem since the Pikmins can be removed easily and my friends always play campy (toon/link,robin) so I'm always the first one to approach. The default Pikmins die fast since they spam projectiles (making my Pikmins to hit their projectiles) it only takes like 2-3 hits. Thank you for the tip! maybe I just need more practice but surely I feel lot more comfortable with the custom moves I'm using. (I was about to drop Olimar from being my main to switch on Diddy Kong but after testing the custom moves I feel relieved lol) I will practice a lot more of the default moves after this school project of mine.

Myran

NNID
Myranice
3DS FC
2406-5215-9008
That's my big problem since the Pikmins can be removed easily and my friends always play campy (toon/link,robin) so I'm always the first one to approach. The default Pikmins die fast since they spam projectiles (making my Pikmins to hit their projectiles) it only takes like 2-3 hits. Thank you for the tip! maybe I just need more practice but surely I feel lot more comfortable with the custom moves I'm using. (I was about to drop Olimar from being my main to switch on Diddy Kong but after testing the custom moves I feel relieved lol) I will practice a lot more of the default moves after this school project of mine.
Use whatever you feel comfortable with. I think there is a certain strategy that has to be used to fight the characters that camp Olimar, but they can definitely be beat.

Sometime soon there should be an actual Olimar guide on this thread, and when that comes I hope to clear up the general ideas/strategies behind Olimar and how to play him.

2k6

Smash Cadet
Use whatever you feel comfortable with. I think there is a certain strategy that has to be used to fight the characters that camp Olimar, but they can definitely be beat.

Sometime soon there should be an actual Olimar guide on this thread, and when that comes I hope to clear up the general ideas/strategies behind Olimar and how to play him.
Sadly I can't use it on For Glory. Forcing me to use the default one. I'll wait for that guide if there is someone to make it

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
My custom get to Go Olimar all the way!

1.Pikmin Pluck(Neutral B 1)
I try the others one, but strong Pikmin was too slow and I killed them very fast and the others the pikmin die by seconds and the pluck is to way Michael Bay taste of tha explosion. That why I keep default. Fast Pluck and default Pikmin power. One die, not problem, got another one.
2.Tackle Pikmin Throw (Side B 3)
This move is amazing. I never like his default because I feel I ran out of pikmin in the opponent I facing... But with this one I can Slam, I can trow a bunch of pikmin like a crazy guy. I trow them in the face, I can trow away from the battlefield is their trying to recover, I trow them is their chasing me and even... Trow Yellow pikmin>Ftilt and then the yellow pikmin will hit the opponent is still in Airbone causing a combo of trow hit and pikmin really hit it. Love this move!
3.Winged Pikmin (Up B 1)
I somehow like its default more. His recovery is... Insane! Is you have ZERO pikmin in your hand, Olimar can fly under Final Destination. Somehow my most insane recovery it been with him, Just like villager. The trick I always does is: When falling and I below the edge, I do a double jump and sacrifice 1 pikmin, then I Up B and do a better recovery. It Am above the edge, I throw all my pikmin to the oppenent below is I hit him except for one, use Up B to survived or even attack. It has many use it, but it has many sacrifice.
4.Pikmin Order (Down B 1
Same as Pikmin Pluck. The other one are toooooo slow for ME. I like the fast call more because I use the whistle often more and yeah its faster. I just like it because... gotta call fast.

My Olimar is kinda camper but is more aggressive Type.
I throw them at the oppenent, run away, call and repeat. But sometime am very agressive! Throw them, Running attack, Grab or chasing the enemy then back to camp. I feel like Am equipping Sniper and a Shotgun. Keep my distance and hit them hard when close.
Love that Side B 3!

2k6

Smash Cadet
My custom get to Go Olimar all the way!

1.Pikmin Pluck(Neutral B 1)
I try the others one, but strong Pikmin was too slow and I killed them very fast and the others the pikmin die by seconds and the pluck is to way Michael Bay taste of tha explosion. That why I keep default. Fast Pluck and default Pikmin power. One die, not problem, got another one.
2.Tackle Pikmin Throw (Side B 3)
This move is amazing. I never like his default because I feel I ran out of pikmin in the opponent I facing... But with this one I can Slam, I can trow a bunch of pikmin like a crazy guy. I trow them in the face, I can trow away from the battlefield is their trying to recover, I trow them is their chasing me and even... Trow Yellow pikmin>Ftilt and then the yellow pikmin will hit the opponent is still in Airbone causing a combo of trow hit and pikmin really hit it. Love this move!
3.Winged Pikmin (Up B 1)
I somehow like its default more. His recovery is... Insane! Is you have ZERO pikmin in your hand, Olimar can fly under Final Destination. Somehow my most insane recovery it been with him, Just like villager. The trick I always does is: When falling and I below the edge, I do a double jump and sacrifice 1 pikmin, then I Up B and do a better recovery. It Am above the edge, I throw all my pikmin to the oppenent below is I hit him except for one, use Up B to survived or even attack. It has many use it, but it has many sacrifice.
4.Pikmin Order (Down B 1
Same as Pikmin Pluck. The other one are toooooo slow for ME. I like the fast call more because I use the whistle often more and yeah its faster. I just like it because... gotta call fast.

My Olimar is kinda camper but is more aggressive Type.
I throw them at the oppenent, run away, call and repeat. But sometime am very agressive! Throw them, Running attack, Grab or chasing the enemy then back to camp. I feel like Am equipping Sniper and a Shotgun. Keep my distance and hit them hard when close.
Love that Side B 3!
That's a good custom set but Ive tried the Tackle Pikmin Throw many times but it feels weird for me since I stick the Pikmins to the enemy (white,red,yellow) then grab them with blue one. Using the Tackle Pikmin Throw makes the campy game less (for me).

I set everything back to default after realizing that there is a tech on Olimars Pikmin except for the Sticky Pikmin Throw.
Here's why
Default Pikmin Throw damage per sec.:
Red:10-11
Blue:10
Yellow:10
White:20

Sticky Pikmin Throw damage per sec.:
Red: 14-15
Blue: 15
Yellow: 14-15
White: 28-30

The damage changes is really huge and its really hard to be removed even when they spam jab attacks. This made me use the white one a lot then grabbing them every time they try to block the damage per sec. of Pikmins giving me an easy kill when they got high %

Last edited:
Top Bottom