• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom GameCube and Wii Controllers

GCS Gaming Customs

https://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
:mario: Custom GameCube Controllers :luigi:
By GCS :gawmelee: & TerryJ :falconmelee:
CLICK ME http://gamecubescrubb.storenvy.com CLICK ME
(For awesome controllers and gaming accessories)
(Character emoticons next to modification indicate who performs these mods)
Hello to all smashers and the rest of the Nintendo Gaming Community,
I am GameCubeScrubb, GCS for short. I paint controllers and perform simple modifications on primarily Nintendo produced GameCube Controllers. TerryJ performs simple mods along with more complex ones. We can work with both wired controllers and wireless Wavebirds. All of the controllers we customize are official Nintendo Products. Find all of the prices of specific modifications and controllers on my site under the description of "Customize your own GameCube Controller".
:gawmelee: Custom Paint Jobs :gawmelee:
Order your custom GameCube Controller here : http://gamecubescrubb.storenvy.com/...own-modded-and-or-painted-gamecube-controller
The customer pays shipping if they choose to send a controller in. If you want me to purchase you a controller, I will charge you according to the controller. Every completed controller will be tested.
I offer many colors and different kinds of paint for my controllers. Order your favorite color OEM shell or painted shells for your custom controller! Browse the paint colors available in the pictures on the site.
Controller Shells
I may not have all of these shells in stock, however, I can order them. Match two different colors for a unique look! I can also make simple decals, just let me know what you would like.

* OEM Nintendo Produced Shells - Painted Shells
* (Wavebird) Silver
* (Wavebird) Gray
* Silver
* Indigo
* Black
* Orange
* Clear
* Emerald
* White
* Other (Club Nintendo, exclusives, etc) By request.
- Regular Painted Shell
- Gloss Finish Painted Shell
- Plastic Dyed Shell
Refer to the decriptions below for the types paint I offer along with their individual Pros and Cons :
Clear : More "weather" (oil from your hands) resistant, paint won't chip quite as easy if it is bumped on something hard, smoother, SHINIER!
Stickier, gets scratches and dents easier, (from wear, the clear coat is damaged, not the color, so it does not chip), smoother.
Satin/No clear : Looks more "factory produced" and doesn't get a dirty appearance as easy, rougher feel, recoatable, does not dent as easy.
Chips a little bit easier, rougher feel (preference), oils from hands gets to paint faster, needs to be kept a bit cleaner.
Vinyl Dye : Looks almost exactly "factory produced", A satin paint that sinks into the plastic, and only chips when the controller's original plastic is chipped, rougher factory feel, much more durable.
Will scratch off if there is a lot of friction (you can't paint buttons), unable to gloss.
Painted Buttons
Currently, since I have not found a paint that adheres and is durable for buttons, I will not be selling buttons for the time being. I am currently experimenting with different paints and dyes in order to find a solution which allows for durable, painted buttons.
However, I can paint D-pads, which usually take a while to wear down (1 year +)

Painted Chord/Receiver
If you are ordering a painted controller, you may want to consider painting the chord if it is wired or the receiver if the controller is wireless. I can use any type of paint. I can also paint small, simple decals onto your receiver/chord.
:gawmelee: Simple Modifications :falconmelee:
Custom C-Stick : Exchange the clumsy yellow C-Stick for an original GameCube Analog stick or a Nunchuk stick (comes in black, white, and gold). This will help significantly in shooters and other games which heavily implement the c-stick as a regular stick! However, it is recommended that for smash players who jab the c-stick that you do NOT use a custom c-stick, however, a sanded c-stick may suit you.

Sanded C-Stick : Give your regular, rubber tipped c-stick a size reduction and a smooth surface! I will also lightly sand the edges to ensure that the stick will not jab at your thumb. This stick is highly recommended for Super Smash Bros, when you are required to flick your thumb quickly from the buttons to jab the stick to perform aerials or smash attacks, since your thumb will slide across the stick faster and more smoothly.

Custom Analog Stick : Exchange the original GameCube Analog Stick for a PS3 Analog stick or a Nunchuk stick. The PS3 stick comes in a variety ofcolors and black. The PS3 Analog Stick provides extra control due to the size and height. You may also choose a nunchuk stick (comes in black, white, andgold), which adds slightly more precision (tilts, dash dancing, aiming) for your character since it is slightly raised in comparison to the original GameCube Analog stick, at the cost of a comfortable, grippy surface. This is great for Super Smash Bros and many other popular titles which require extra control.

Removed Trigger Springs : In Brawl and many shooters, it is best to remove both triggers in order to gain the maximum effectiveness, so you are able to use the full shield mechanic or shoot at just the click of the trigger, rather fully compressing the triggers. In Melee, it is best to remove one trigger to perform techs and full shields faster, and keep the other trigger spring intact for light shielding purposes. Melee players should learn to use the regular trigger ONLY for light shielding to gain maximum effectiveness. You need to tell me which trigger(s) you would like removed upon ordering your custom controller.

Sanded Handles : A cheaper, alternate method to the Fan Mod that creates smoother handles and is slightly more comfortable. The sweat from your hands will bead on the outside of the controller and is easier to wipe off, vs the original plastic coating which absorbs the sweat.

Removed Rumble Pack (Wired Controller) : Suggested for any pro controller, to remove any distractions caused by the rumble function. I usually remove the pack to reduce weight, but if you prefer the extra weight, I can leave it in and cut the wires instead to remove just the rumble function.

Check out my PhotoBucket, which includes many custom controller (but not all) images :
http://s1321.photobucket.com/user/GameCubeScrubb/library/?sort=3&page=1

:falconmelee: Advanced Modifications :falconmelee:
Order your custom GameCube Controller here: http://gamecubescrubb.storenvy.com/...own-modded-and-or-painted-gamecube-controller
If you want a controller with ONLY a simple/advanced modifications, please PM TerryJ.
Currently, we offer both LED and fan modifications for your GameCube Controller. Choose from a variety of colors and functionalities for your LEDs and different powered fans to suit your hands and how much they sweat when gaming. Stay tuned for more modifications and further advancements to come!

LED's
Customize your controller with LED's! You can choose to have your LED's always on, flash when the controller rumbles, or a mix of both. However, you should consider removing the rumble pack, since the LED's which are always on will dim when the controller rumbles. Pair your LEDs with a clear controller and/or clear glow-in-the-dark PS3 sticks!

LED colors and variations available :
  • RGB fast changing
  • RGB slow changing
  • Blue
  • Green
  • Red
  • Orange
  • Purple (UV)
  • White
Fan Mod
The Fan Mod lessens the amount of hand sweat while gaming. Unfortunately, you cannot keep the rumble function with this mod. The following fan is used for the mod, and is positioned in the middle of the controller : Sunon KDE0535PFB1-8 35mm x 10mm 5-volt High Speed Fan . There will be holes on each handle of the controller for airflow and holes on the middle back part of the controller for excess air to flow. Currently, a soldiering iron is used to create these holes, so they are not perfect, but still close to it.
Please allow 3 - 4 Weeks combined for the construction and shipping of your controller. If there is another mod you would like, just send me or TerryJ a request, and we will see what we can do. We accept payments through PayPal.

If you have any questions or a special order request, just send me and/or TerryJ a private message or leave a comment on the thread!

GCS Gaming Customs

Description of Brawl Ready GameCube Controllers
Design and Customize your own Brawl Ready GameCube Controller (Nintendo Produced)! Pick from an assortment of Top and Bottom Shells (Orange, Silver, Black, Indigo) and pick the mods that you want (any four that you want, you can all of them or just one). Let me know if you would like painted shells, that will be extra.
Customized specifically for the Super Smash Bros Brawl Player. It can also be used for any other game and works very well with many other popular titles.
The controller features 4 modifications :
- Removed Trigger Springs
Allows the player to compress the triggers faster. This allows for faster trigger use in game, which is vital in FPS and Super Smash Bros titles.
- Any Colored PS3 Stick! (refer to the picture)
This provides more comfort for the player vs. the small GameCube Stick. The Stick has a higher surface area, so it has more room for your thumb to move and prevents it from slipping off the stick's cap as much as it normally would.
- Removed Rumble Pack
Quite simply, this removes the rumble feature and makes the controller much lighter. Not having rumble is an advantage in intense shooters and fighting titles, since the rumble will not disrupt your play.
- Sanded Handles
This allows a smoother, more comfortable feel to the controller. Personally, it feels much better in my hands and does not absorb sweat like the original plastic.

The controller is in great condition, with tight sticks and a sharp cosmetic appearance. Please let me know if you would like to order multiple products, I am willing to set up discounts.
I am currently gathering supplies, Preorder your own Brawl Ready Customized GameCube Controller today!

GCS Gaming Customs

If you have any comments or suggestions or anything you would like to see or would be interested in, let me know! I appreciate any input I can get from the community!

GCS Gaming Customs

Haven't updated this in a while, but its still here! Updated the first post with a brand new format, I hope you guys like it!

Lemme know if you all have any comments or questions!

Top Bottom