• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Custom Controls don't work in Local Wireless Play

GameQ

Smash Cadet
This is pretty crazy. I'm not sure how Nintendo could have allowed this. I just paired up with my co-worker for lunch time smash, and both of our custom controls are not active.

I went out and double checked my control settings then made a Local Wireless arena. No other people in my arena and sure enough my controls are default in the waiting area!

I'm hoping this gets patched...

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
I played with my cousin yesterday and we were able to use our custom controls with no problems. Are you sure you are selecting the right name tag? Custom controls are saved to whichever name you assign it to.

Shiro4000

Smash Rookie
When you select your char you can use your preset on your console aka your name with the controls. Have a go at it and try it out!

Fablemad

Smash Journeyman
I had the same problem but it turns out that when you get matched with a person in a mode you've never played it displays the last name you used but it's not actually selected, if that makes sense. I had ''Fablemad'' for example but when I clicked on it it was on ''No Name''. It's a system to avoid both people showing as ''Player 1''. Hope this helps!

Top Bottom