• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CSS Crashing when hovering cursor over certain characters

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
FIXED! It turns out the problem was related to something in the Ice Climbers. I'm not sure what it was, but after deleting and replacing every file associated with them, everything works like new again. I think that I may have tried to move one of their skins to another slot. *whew* When I played last night my only guess is that my cursor just never happened to cross anywhere near the Ice Climbers, which is pretty remarkable!

FIXED 2: FIXED HARDER! Figured out that the exact problem was that I was replacing Ice Climbers portrait for their new costume with a render instead of my edited CSP... Now I feel like an idiot. Don't do this kids.

----------------------------------------------

I've been going through Project M installing skins for each character. I did quite a few yesterday and was ecstatic when nothing when wrong afterward. I played a couple of hours and then went to bed.

Today I did some modding of music files, but that's it. Now when I go to the Character Select Screen, after a few seconds of just hovering the curser, BAM I get a hard crash again and again along with the loud buzz.

I can NOT for the life of me figure out why the game would suddenly start crashing at the CSS when it worked fine just last night.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I seem to have deduced that this is only happening when I hover my cursor over certain characters. Like I said though, I haven't touched anything since last night. This is SO strange. Some of these characters haven't even been touched in WEEKS!

EDIT EDIT: It doesn't seem to be specific characters so much as the 2nd row of characters? Specifically anyone in the vicinity of Ice Climbers? WHat is going on??

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Ice climbers are definitely the problem. The game seems to freeze whenever I get anywhere near them on the CSS. Going to try replacing them now.

Last edited:
Top Bottom