• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my video!

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
Just curious - Is my video broken? Should I have posted this in the waffle house?

Boiko

:drshrug:
I have a few critiques, but I'll be honest, I'm at work and didn't watch more than the first match.

First of all, way too many raw smash attacks. They're very punishable and don't really lead to much. You also seem to fish for grabs a lot.

I recommended using nair, shine or even nair>shine a lot more. It leads into a lot of set ups. For example, at one point, Lucas landed on a platform and you up aired. That ends the combo there and there is no more follow up. Instead you can do a nair through the platform (on a missed tech) into a shine into soft spot fair/uair/nair combos.

I also recommend mixing up your recovery more. It seems that every time you dropped down low and used side b. Lucas could have just baired you at any time for this. It's not bad to use, but it's good to also incorporate up b mix ups so players don't catch on to your habits. And maybe it's just that you need more practice, but if you're going to recover low like that, make sure you sweet spot. In the neutral you could but putting up more blasters to wall him out a little bit then safely approach with a nair/dair/shine, anything really.

Lastly, make sure you capitalize off of grabs more. Wolf has some of the best grab follow ups period. Just practice different options because he has a ton. Dash dancing in neutral is also good to practice as it looked like you really only did it between stocks.

Crome

#ROBSquad
NNID
sboles66
3DS FC
1289-8218-1492
Switch FC
SW 7896 6401 6209
I have a few critiques, but I'll be honest, I'm at work and didn't watch more than the first match.

First of all, way too many raw smash attacks. They're very punishable and don't really lead to much. You also seem to fish for grabs a lot.
I lost the second match, but it was close.
Spamming fsmash is a common problem for me. But what do you mean by "fish for grabs" do you mean I shield too much, hoping for the shield grab? I've also noticed that, but I blame that on Sm4sh.

I recommended using nair, shine or even nair>shine a lot more. It leads into a lot of set ups. For example, at one point, Lucas landed on a platform and you up aired. That ends the combo there and there is no more follow up. Instead you can do a nair through the platform (on a missed tech) into a shine into soft spot fair/uair/nair combos.
I believe the second game I was kind of spamming shffl nair>shine, but yes I'm aware of it. I try to do it, but sometimes I forget. I notice I usually under use shine. I'll have to find his grab combos.

I also recommend mixing up your recovery more. It seems that every time you dropped down low and used side b. Lucas could have just baired you at any time for this. It's not bad to use, but it's good to also incorporate up b mix ups so players don't catch on to your habits. And maybe it's just that you need more practice, but if you're going to recover low like that, make sure you sweet spot. In the neutral you could but putting up more blasters to wall him out a little bit then safely approach with a nair/dair/shine, anything really.
I'm really bad at up b. Really bad. I've been working on it, and I think I'm improving, but that's why I mainly use side b for recovery.

I'm still learning the waveland out of blaster, so I haven't been very confident spamming it with it yet.

Thanks for the tips; I'll be working on this stuff. Sorry if this post seems like a bunch of Johns.

Boiko

:drshrug:
Lol, that's okay. Just keep practicing. I have a pretty dirty Wolf so I'll try to upload some videos soon to give you some ideas.

5ully

Smash Ace
NNID
5ully151
3DS FC
0920-2807-1002
Wolf is pretty solid. Dude but yeah what @ Boiko Boiko said, work on those things and you'll be really good.

EllietheOctopus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4141-4612-5258
What you should try is to go in practise mode and try and master sweet-spotting that edge when you side-b and up-b. Other then that you were solid.

Sur Fartsalot

Smash Apprentice
Like Boiko said, it seems like you always try to land on stage. You should try to sweet spot the ledge to keep your opponent guessing, otherwise he can just shield and punish.

Top Bottom