• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

critique my slow *** peach

looduhcriss

Smash Apprentice
the vids arent bad...but u did worse on link than falco (link is still good jus weird how the matchups went)
wat i will say is if ur gona dash atk that much try float cancelling wit aerials and do more aerials in general
and when u do neutral A...do some grabs in there

u can wavedash but u never floatcanceled and if u use turnips go for turnip > Fair

basically do some more grabs and FC aerials

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You roll alot. it leaves you open and makes you obvious. A smart player would just make you flinch and you roll right to them.

I dont see you dash dance or even wavedash. You just rush in. You cant just do that. you have to confuse your opponents. you make yourself easy to read.

Dont FC at a distance coming to your enemy. you make yourself obvious and open for a hit.

Jab more. Use jabs when close to your enemy when you need to do something fast. it also stops them dead in thier tracks.

so here are some FC stuff as well as some advance tricks. But you gotta get use to the basic FC stuff first before you can go advance.

Basic Peach combo, turnip to FC Fair. You can also FC to N-air after you throw it. Or mindgame the person and land and grab them quickly. If they block your F-air, if you spaced it well, you can abuse the shield stun and grab them. here is a list of what you can do

FC > Fair

FC > Nair

FC > Dair > Nair.

FC > Dair > Uair.

FC > Dair >Fair. Its hard to pull off you have to time it

now if they shield.......

FC >Nair > Dsmash

FC > Dair > Dsmash

FC > Nair > Grab

FC > Dair > Nair > Grab

FC > Dair > Nair > Dsmash (eats I belive half of thier shield if they block it all. the Downsmash might hit though.)

You can also jab to a grab or jab to a Dsmash after these FC combos. You can do half of the combo and Jab to grab or Dsmash. Mix it up to keep your enemy guess. these can work with turnips too

FC>Fair>turnip> Jab or grab or Dsmash

Dont throw the turnip in the air. after you FC>Fair, fast fall and throw it. then follow up whith what ever you feel is best like a jab, grab, dsmash etc. but mix it up. Dont always do the same thing. that way they wont know what to expect. And then when you do something, it will most likey work cause the player cant really guuess what you will do unless they get lucky with a guess.

You can practice these combos in training mode. But some of them wont work if you dont space yourself when you do them. Spaceing is very important. it makes it harder for people to punish you out of the shield or in general. Even if you make a mistake.

If you ever fight a Marth be very careful with your FC. Marths air game is better that yours and his sword can shot you down easy. Wait till he throws an attack or grab. then follow up with some FC tech if in the air and be fast about it. if not dash attack or grab. mixed it up. thats important. Marths will expect dash attacks. so play it smart and dont give them what they think will happen.

also when you get better with the FC stuff I said you can do, you can mix it with the pillar. ( If you know what that is) If you dont know then look at this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQIG6_zRQfc

XIF does it to this luigi alot. You can also do it to pressure thier shield. Jab-Nair-Jab-Nair ~~~. You have to be fast. it takes practice. thats something advance though.

To pillar well you need to have decent or perfect control of FC. I say learn that list of things I gave you first.Bug out in training mode with it. Feel confortable with it. To a point is second Nature. You can do some of it out the shield too.

You can mix and match the list too. some things I said to last you can do first. and vise versa. just play around and make up your own bag of trick. thats where the mindgames come in. then once you got the hang of it own your friends with it. Bet they will come on smashboards and make a thread asking how to beat Peach Once you have it down pakced you already have control over Peach

you can also jab to Dtilt. You have to space your Jab though. You can do it after a FC> Fair if you space it and they block. The Dtilt has more range then Dsmash. and it can stab the sheild. And it leads to combos. Great move to use so try it sometimes. The move is not as fast as the Dsmash so space yourself.

Well thats about all the advice I have for you sure. Just remembe all of this and pratice it. and dont worry if you dont get it the first few times. it's all about practice. it takes time. but trust me, you will see an improvement.

budahboi

Smash Apprentice
wow, so much to dissect here. So my main things to work on would be to start FC'ing and getting out of my bad rolling habits

oh yeah, and that video was ridiculous!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm Not cheap with advice. I get detailed with it. Just pratice and work and all that I said here

Top Bottom