• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Mario!

Coin Chaser

Smash Journeyman
1st mistake is picking yellow......i hate yellow......haha im only joking

u technial is very good....generally thats the 1st thing i yell at but ive got nothing to say there

u use cape b4 u use tornado on recovery.......i dont think its any different but i like to save cape if im being edge guarded bc theres more lag after the tornado than the cape.....but thats not a big deal

the one thing i think will help ur game tremendously would b to dash dance and wd into ur attacks.....u got a bit predictable with f-airing a lot or running in n-airing.....the link was able to predict u once and got a f-air off u.....but all he has to do is throw up a n-air and beats u like every time

i try and dash dance into a wd backward b-air a lot when i play my fiends ganon......if i come in flying a lot im getting f-aired or completely out prioritzed in some other move.....b unpredicatble and if u really get down dashdancing with wdes u look really fast and can rush ur opponent a lot better

maybe it wasnt ur match for comboing.....but u didnt get some decent combos off after the grabs.....lil chain grabbing or u-tilt to some u-airs....yeah its tricky on that board but u can get some off and start platform comboing

i really like ur use of wding on the ledges.......that def helps on a rush strategy

all in all good mario, jsut try and juke out ur partner more and take adavange of grabs and ur pretty set

hope that helped :)

FaceFaceMcFace

Smash Ace
You definitely have a good sense of how stuff works, and you did some rather spiffy fake-outs and unique edge-based tactics. (that invincible ledgehop Bair to interrupt his Dair was awesome, as well as Fairing over the spin spike.) etc. etc. You also used Bair very nicely at some points to interrupt attacks and such.

critiques, yay!

-Less fireballs; they leave you open and vulnerable. I'm going to guess that you're more used to Doc's Pills.
-Upsmash = low-percent combo starter, not a kill move. (Unless you're fighting a floaty)
-Uptilts and SHFFLed Uairs **** link after a D-throw, seriously.
-Learn to Jump-cancel your dash-grabs; it will be essential for chaingrabbing.
-You did say it wasn't your best, so you might've been having a bad wavedash day, but your wavedashing was a bit stuttered and shakey.
-You did blind charges a bit too much and got seriously punished for it.
-A lot of good easy F-smash opprotunities were missed (after he flubs a grab, doesn't sweetspot the ledge, etc.)
-Incorporate WDing into your spacing and rushing game a bit more. You do "mindgame" with it nicely though.
-Cape some of those projectiles every now and then. To cape a bomb either cape really early so that the cape is already behind you and only that magical invisible hitbox is in front of you, or cape in the other direction (much easier)
-Mario's downsmash is a great move, use it.

I know this really seems like an overly negative critique, but you really did play in an interesting and original way that was enjoyable to watch. Also, keep in mind that I am guilty of many of the things I critiqued you on as well; so don't let all that discourage you.

Super Mari0

Smash Journeyman
thats right...

i like your mario...you play kind of different but still good....

you should ledgeslide and then grab or smash...
and you should dash dance and come with a short hop nair,bair or fair after that

you should also try to wave land and move around to confuze your opponent...
the smash forw. is a good finisher and use the Drill!!!!!! offcourse you have to l-cancel so you can grab after that

and use the tilt up more often!!! especially when you comboing him in a grab combo like:
grab+downthr.+uptilt(wherever your opponent is flying in THAT direction)+uptilt+uptilt+uptitl+uptilt+(when hes flying off too far) short hop uair+short hop uair...and then SMASH!!!!

its what Eggz does :D and he is awesome!!!! maybe i cant explain very well

BUT I LIKE YOUR MARIO!!!!!!! :D ITS UNIQUE!!! :D

Top Bottom