• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique My Mario, Please

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Not terrible but you need to abuse your aerials. LOT you need to work on, just keep practicing and watch some vids of some other people or something.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Excellent use of Nair and aggressive edgeguarding. Your approach game worked, but it shouldn't be composed mainly of Dash attack since it's so easy to punish. Your follow-ups after grab were pretty good, but you need to lead into your Fsmashes instead of throwing them out there. Bair -> Fsmash or things of that nature will do. It's harder to land on TL because of his range and projectiles, but still try and space them. Abuse your better aerials like Judge said and mix up your approaches.

Solid mario imo.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I dunno, I wasn't impressed at all. This is what I'll sum up.

Roll less (rolling towards your opponent is a bad idea 95% of the time)

Approach with B-airs more

Learn to double B-air in SH.

Space better

Grab more

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
Thank you to everyone that replied. Toon Link gives me some problems because of his projectiles and I don't have too much experience fighting him. Rolling is almost automatic for me, and I realize that I do have to learn to NOT roll towards my opponent. As far as aerials, looking back on these vids, I didn't use them as I should. However, I CAN use sh'd double aerials. I'll try to get some vids showcasing this. Again, thanks for all the feedback.

Mario_ 101

Smash Ace
That toon link player is ****. I'll post my real two cents as soon as i get this online tourney i'm doing finished. Oh, and BTW bootleg, i tried to add you from the mario friend finder thing but the code you entered in there was incorrect. I have this problem with a couple others, too. I have practically everyone added from the Mario friend finder thing, though only like 2 mario players are have registered me :(

Top Bottom