• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Mario please!

Geou

Smash Apprentice
I don't think I'm really qualified to give advice, but I'd say...

- Use the cape a little more. It's useful for stopping recovery (like Bo repeatedly did to you) and giving opportunities to punish the opponent.
- Something I read in another thread: In those dodge-smash battles, you should charge your smash and wait for his spot dodge to end, then whack him.
- Also, use FLUDD and fireballs a little more. FLUDD is useful for stopping approaches, and fireballs lead to easy approaches for you.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
I know a way around BO X7's caping recovery that can backfire on him now. And yeah, I'll use fireballs and FLUDD more and charge up smashes if I think they're going to dodge and let them happen at the right time. Thanks, Geou.

Jimbo_G

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
0920-1016-4491
Yeah, you are definitely a better Mario than I. My advice doesn't differ much from Geou. One thing I don't think he touched on was you seemed to use a few of your smash attacks when you had no chance of hitting, like you were hoping your opponent would walk or fall into them. You didn't do it often, but I saw it a few times. Other than that nit-pick though, the only thing you need is polish. You already know what you're doing. XP

Top Bottom