• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Critique my Kirby

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQDHavz2WdM

Obviously the mistake at 2nd stock was ridiculous. Right now Kirby is my most comfortable character, after playing for 2 weeks or so. Not sure if I'm playing him right, didn't play him much in Melee. I'm still getting used to everything, still can't implement fox trot, I've only tried it a few times in Brawl (including at 34 seconds in). So er, I've never done this whole "critique me" thing but the Brawl forums are littered with people anticipating the game, can't find much actual gameplay discussion.

To me, Kirby feels buffed overall, in terms of power and how he compares to other characters (who all feel a bit more balanced in general). I didn't play Kirby much in Melee, so I don't know if some of his combo-ing is nerfed etc. I'll stop talking now, just post some feedback I suppose.

A2xA

Smash Cadet
you need to use aerial game more. It looks like your trying to fight him on the ground instead of hitting him up in the air and getting him that way. Basically use more aerials. Hit them up/off the stage and stuff like that.

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Try using a bit of power/perfect shielding. It gives you zero lag and is almost like a counter. Use more air attacks but I guess your opponent has to be in the air for you at aerial attack him/her anyways. Try not to be predictable. You were pretty good overall though.

Super Drybones

Smash Ace
good
Try using the aerial hammer when both of you are on the side of battlefield
He will hit the wall and go flying down.

tennisthehilife

Smash Lord
Omg that's an amazing Kirby. The running away, the dodging, the cuteness, the mindgames, the dirtiness (I need a bath now). I've watched t!mmy's vids and I believe you know your Kirby very well and know what your doing.

That's the Kirby I want to reach for in Brawl.

5 warpstars.

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the tips all! I'll check this thread if anyone has anything else to add. I'll definitely work on moving the game into the air more often, using the hammer, and mastering power shielding. Once I feel like I'm playing consistent, I might just be maining Kirby. Then I can start working on any new discovered advanced techniques--I also need to use down and forward tilts more I think. Sometimes I don't know exactly what combos can work against who, it'll take time to get fully used to. So, thanks again!

YinYang.ERROR

Smash Journeyman
as mentioned before. You need more air game.
Try using utilt once in a while, it will put the opponent in the air so you can combo them.
Also make use of that new hammer of yours, but don't over spam it.
Mess your opponents head, put them in awkward positions, and when you see an opening go for it...

Kirby is not meant to play fair, play dirty, and take home the prize.

Kirby Redux

Smash Journeyman
Aerial hammer and f-air can help a lot with recovery ive noticed, and the hammer provides some protection as you move toward the stage. You seem to be missing Kirby's best attacks a lot, which are his aerials. Other than that, good Kirby so far. Keep up the good work.

FreakoFreako

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, they already said pretty much everything. I liked the part where you chased him with fair, almost got him, lol. I think if you connected a hammer you could've gotten it.

Cereal Rabbit

Smash Lord
That's always the kinds of comments I've always wanted for my Kirby...
It's too bad I'm feeling sad for myself.

Good job. Your Kirby needs a larger grab game and more jabs.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
Needs moar Utilt->Utilt. Also, you'd do well to remember that Lucus' PK thunder passes through enemies so he can't be gimped by simply jumping out and getting in his way. Space your Fair's better and you would have knocked him off the side rather than just reset his Up B.

Kuronekokun

Smash Cadet
When my opponent's damage is low, I usually try to grab -> Utilt until a certain height, and then go into Uairs. If they try to DI out, either try to follow or switch to Bair / Fair, or if you're confident with your accuracy, hammer.

You could also do a sliding Usmash in the direction they DI out after the first couple of Utilts (if they try to land).

Top Bottom